PDA

View Full Version : heh hd-dvd *****

1loudsuv
05-27-2007, 03:18 AM
you still sure you want a blu ray player b&w :P

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/subingncali/ScreenHunter_006-1.jpg

1loudsuv
05-27-2007, 03:20 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/172514/ref=pd_ts_e_nav/104-7970732-6071121?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=1WT214HNBAVQDV3BTW1R&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_p=221591101&pf_rd_i=51549011

A/D/S-MbQuart
05-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I had a toshiba hda1, the remote ****** and it was buggy, layer change was noticeable-slight pause, slo loading. HD-DVD sont **** though, well maybe it does.. :suicide:

Bluray-hddvd- i wont waste my dough on buying them, good netflix rentals though all it's worth.

joetama
05-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't care how cheap they get. Blue-Ray still looks better to me...

But, I really don't care. Not going to be buying High Def disks until 2 things happen.

1. All of this stupid hype goes away and they are standard like DVD. (Which is going to be a long time)

2. They start making good movies that I want to actually see, and they start making them in a quantity that makes me justify spending more money.

3. (Yea I know I said 2) The price of HD/BR disks come down where I can justify buying them.

Let me just say this, because it has been lost in the scope of things. I AM A STEREO 2 CHANNEL GUY! I really don't care about High Def because SD is good enough for me video wise. And, as for uncompressed audio on the DVD tracks, meh, don't care about movies that much. Music is my passion. HT actually has destroyed a lot about great system configuration and balance.

Oh, and for the record. Just because someone buys something more expensive for their system, it doesn't always make it better. ;)

TheFiverMan
05-27-2007, 10:50 AM
why dont u juss edit it and put 3 things?? lol

joetama
05-27-2007, 10:51 AM
why dont u juss edit it and put 3 things?? lol

Didn't want to... 1loudsuv can't count that high anyway... :laugh:

desertheat
05-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I am all blue ray guys. Sticking with it until it is crowned the king of movie playback! I buy only select titles on blue ray, definitly not everything.. just select new stuff.

1loudsuv
05-27-2007, 12:36 PM
You do know all those cheap HD-DVD players are refurbs, right ?

costco has new ones for 249 with the 5 free movies.

amazon its 280 something for a new one.

InhumanAcura
05-27-2007, 02:18 PM
i have both, dont see a **** bit of difference between the 2..

I am all blue ray guys. Sticking with it until it is crowned the king of movie playback! I buy only select titles on blue ray, definitly not everything.. just select new stuff.

lol

hoss
05-27-2007, 02:28 PM
im with b&w on all three of those items... with the addition of a 4th, i have the ability to burn both technologies.

i might buy players for them though before those items happen. but when i say that i will buy players, i mean i will buy the hd-dvd add on for the 360 and a ps3. i dont think i will buy a raw player, unless i can get a multi disc for pretty cheap.

ngsm13
05-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Indeed.

I give no shits about either one.

nG

InhumanAcura
05-27-2007, 02:44 PM
both formats can be found for the same price as standard dvd's...i dont think ive paid over $25 for a few of the titles i have out of 32 movies..you can find standard dvd's still selling for $25..

paid as little as $13.99 for several of them from fry's

btnhfan
05-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Someones banned.

joetama
05-28-2007, 09:06 PM
You do know all those cheap HD-DVD players are refurbs, right ?

That is something I wondered... I had a hunch about that but wasn't sure....

Rich B
05-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I had a toshiba hda1, the remote ****** and it was buggy, layer change was noticeable-slight pause, slo loading.

Thats probably because Toshiba took alot of shortcuts in getting their first players out, and they really werent a normal consumer electronics product (like a regular DVD player, or a CD player), they were actually Intel P4 based PC's:laugh: in a DVD type of case.

No lie, Google HD-DVD Toshiba P4.

Thats why they load as slow as a home PC, and why they dont react very fast when you use a remote

:)

adam71
05-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Let me just say this, because it has been lost in the scope of things. I AM A STEREO 2 CHANNEL GUY! I really don't care about High Def because SD is good enough for me video wise. And, as for uncompressed audio on the DVD tracks, meh, don't care about movies that much. Music is my passion. HT actually has destroyed a lot about great system configuration and balance.

I have to respectfully disagree completely with this. There is still alot of equipment available for both home theater guys and 2 channel purists. It's not like since home theater has become big that no one is making high quality 2 channel equipment. It is up to each individual to decide what they want. So I don't really know how you can make that claim.:confused:

joetama
05-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Higher end audio when it started was more enthusiasts based. There were always small systems that consumer purchased. But, the good stuff was always with people who knew what they were doing and knew how to setup a system properly. With that income of HT, people see the opportunity to watch their movies with a more powerful system. However, most of them aren't audio enthusiasts. They are consumers. SO, a lot of knowledge about system configuration and balance goes away, "because my neighbor who has this system from walmart says it's awesome".

Does that make sense? I am not saying that there are less good products, I am saying the knowledge base has disappeared...

Flipx99
05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I just bought a DVD player last fall. I like VHS better because DVD has a title screen. I hate that screen. I like loading the video, walking away and coming back in a few minutes and the movie is starting to play.

1loudsuv
05-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Thats probably because Toshiba took alot of shortcuts in getting their first players out, and they really werent a normal consumer electronics product (like a regular DVD player, or a CD player), they were actually Intel P4 based PC's:laugh: in a DVD type of case.

No lie, Google HD-DVD Toshiba P4.

Thats why they load as slow as a home PC, and why they dont react very fast when you use a remote

:)

yah my a1 was slow

and so is sony's blu ray player

but my a2 is a completely different story. and it isnt as huge either lol its load an hd-dvd from inset to the first scene either fbi warning or whatever as fast as my ps3 blu ray player.

and you do know they rushed blu ray so much the specs arent even done yet...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130452-pg,1/article.html

1loudsuv
05-29-2007, 05:18 AM

Oh, and for the record. Just because someone buys something more expensive for their system, it doesn't always make it better. ;)

well when you go to a concert or if a band is playing live for you does the sound only come from two places or multiple places?

btw

heres some more info on truehd etc etc (video)

http://www.cinenow.com/uk/play-video-578.html

theirs also a handful of hd-dvd concerts and blu ray also. so you get an image with the sound

of course i am not saying 2 channel stereo ***** cause for now its enough like you say but in the near future when theirs more content on both or either format then once you and others really experience a high def concert in truehd your not gonna want to miss it any longer.

even with my crapola system as you call it since somehow me owning it makes it bad, (only processing on is the eq which only is used to subtract from bands that are higher then others and everything else is left off or at 0 for like subwoofer ) i can hear every little detail while listening to say the eagles hd-dvd. from when their playing their guitar actually hearing each of the strings on the guitar and other little details like that.

joetama
05-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm going to quote and chop this up Thy stylie so that it makes be most sense.

well when you go to a concert or if a band is playing live for you does the sound only come from two places or multiple places?
Actually, a lot of bands live are barely mixed in what anyone could call stereo. More of a L&R Matrix, so actually live sound comes from one place and at best 2 (but they are usually playing the same thing from the Left & Right Stack). If you have sound coming from other places, like behind you, that is called reflection and is bad and usually means the PA was set up wrong or the mix guy is playing it WAY too loud (or a combination of both). Plus, to get great imaging all you need is 2 channels. I have no issue with getting a clear minds eye view of what I am listening to and I don't need 5 or 7 channels.

heres some more info on truehd etc etc (video)
http://www.cinenow.com/uk/play-video-578.html
Like I said, I really don't care. They have a system that plays pretty much perfect audio, DVD-A or SACD. And how hard did those flop? CD will be king for audio. But, there is a better audio source that goes 'bit for bit' it is called analog aka vinyl. Plus, does anyone else smell the marketing bullshit oozzzing out of that guys mouth? Because I do.

theirs also a handful of hd-dvd concerts and blu ray also. so you get an image with the sound

There is a handful huh? Good idea to invest in something so that I can get a handful of something.

of course i am not saying 2 channel stereo ***** cause for now its enough like you say but in the near future when theirs more content on both or either format then once you and others really experience a high def concert in truehd your not gonna want to miss it any longer.
If I want to experience I concert in High Def or True HD. I'll go see the live show. Concerts will always be mixed in stereo, so to get the most true to the event reproduction of the audio you have to stick with stereo. Also, I go to shows all the time and I am seriously disappointed on how the band played live. I see them, think well they ****** live but they still are decent in recording and I had a good time because I went with my friends and talked with interesting strangers, so I get over it. But, if I was to spend 20-30 or whatever those disks cost for my 'blue-ray' or 'hd' player I would be pissed. 1. Because I didn't get to actually have the concert experience (talking to people, watching the guy mix, telling the FOH guy he *****) and 2. I would be stuck with a disk that I don't ever want to watch.

even with my crapola system as you call it since somehow me owning it makes it bad, (only processing on is the eq which only is used to subtract from bands that are higher then others and everything else is left off or at 0 for like subwoofer ) i can hear every little detail while listening to say the eagles hd-dvd. from when their playing their guitar actually hearing each of the strings on the guitar and other little details like that.

I have a system that can do that... It's called CD or DVD-A. I have them both and you are not going to seriously get much better than a really good quality DVD-A disk or SACD in stereo. I don't think your system is 'crapola' I think it is seriously mismatched. BTW, how can you use the Eagles as an SQ example???

1loudsuv
05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Like I said, I really don't care. They have a system that plays pretty much perfect audio, DVD-A or SACD. And how hard did those flop? CD will be king for audio. But, there is a better audio source that goes 'bit for bit' it is called analog aka vinyl. Plus, does anyone else smell the marketing bullshit oozzzing out of that guys mouth? Because I do.
how can something be better then the studio master :confused: truehd gives you the exact thing bit for bit as the studio master

There is a handful huh? Good idea to invest in something so that I can get a handful of something.
yah and how many records get released every week...

joetama
05-29-2007, 02:37 PM
how can something be better then the studio master :confused: truehd gives you the exact thing bit for bit as the studio master

yah and how many records get released every week...

Digital will never be live, it is an estimate of what happens. :fyi:

How many records have been released? Most music today ***** *** anyway. And the good stuff you can find on record if you look in the right places... ;) :fyi:

This is just a stupid argument from two sides of a camp. You aren't going to make me believe and I am not going to make you believe. Thus, is the beauty of audio. ;)

hoss
05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
lol, i like the way you believe your own oppinions are fact b&w :lol:

youve got the spirit of an audiophile, you seem educated on the subject, just gotta get over yourself a bit :) .

joetama
05-29-2007, 03:28 PM

youve got the spirit of an audiophile, you seem educated on the subject, just gotta get over yourself a bit :) .

;) I am really not this way. I just like to argue sometimes... :laugh:

ngsm13
05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
He's really actually a dummy ;).

nG

cunokyle
05-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I know at one point that there were movies put on Blu-Ray discs than HD-DVD but not sure if that is still the case or not.

1loudsuv
05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I know at one point that there were movies put on Blu-Ray discs than HD-DVD but not sure if that is still the case or not.

its still like that and theirs movies on hd-dvd that arent on blu ray like v for vendetta,batman begins,king kong, matrix and many more

joetama
05-29-2007, 07:44 PM
He's really actually a dummy ;).

nG

Mojitos Tonight?

ngsm13
05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Mojitos Tonight?

Sure, you making them Mr. Bartender?

nG

joetama
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Sure, you making them Mr. Bartender?

nG

Yes indeed...

hoss
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
how about some mojitos this morning?

joetama
05-30-2007, 09:15 AM
how about some mojitos this morning?

I drank a bunch last night.... And have class today, plus a final tomorrow so no mojitos this morning... But, they were good last night...

1loudsuv
06-02-2007, 06:04 PM
BTW, how can you use the Eagles as an SQ example???

i just seen this so here is what my reply is...:suicide:

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQHiRezPoll2004.htm

9.0 rating hmmmm and saying both are digital (dvd-a and hd-dvd) but i am not sure of hte bitrate on the dvd-audio version but heh whatever

joetama
06-03-2007, 05:08 PM
i just seen this so here is what my reply is...:suicide:

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQHiRezPoll2004.htm

9.0 rating hmmmm and saying both are digital (dvd-a and hd-dvd) but i am not sure of hte bitrate on the dvd-audio version but heh whatever

I am just saying the Eagles ****... Have always thought that. It is a good mixed album, but they are terrible in my opinion....

Plus, no 'list' can be totally correct. The Beatles are on there for Christ sake...

BTW, listened to some def techs the other day...

This was my reaction... -----> :laugh:

So maybe you should go :suicide:.... Seriously, do it... ;)

adam71
06-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I am just saying the Eagles ****... Have always thought that. It is a good mixed album, but they are terrible in my opinion....

Well, apparently you have NO taste in music.:fyi:

Everyone has their opinion I guess. I think they were one of the best ensembles ever. They all had successful solo careers which tells you something.

joetama
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, apparently you have NO taste in music.:fyi:

Everyone has their opinion I guess. I think they were one of the best ensembles ever. They all had successful solo careers which tells you something.

I guess because I don't like one band that sounds like melodramatic mush with a twangie whine in every song, which everyone holds to be pure unadulterated gold I have no taste in music.

I don't know why I even bother saying anything here, because obviously I have no idea what I am talking about and everyone else does.

Whooo... Go HD-DVD, I am going to the store right now to sell my system and get a ****** HD-DVD Player and speakers to match in the performance range...

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess because I don't like one band that sounds like melodramatic mush with a twangie whine in every song, which everyone holds to be pure unadulterated gold I have no taste in music.

I don't know why I even bother saying anything here, because obviously I have no idea what I am talking about and everyone else does.

Whooo... Go HD-DVD, I am going to the store right now to sell my system and get a ****** HD-DVD Player and speakers to match in the performance range...

dont forget a ****** girly rotel to go with it :laugh:

joetama
06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
dont forget a ****** girly rotel to go with it :laugh:

Excuse me? Is Denon better than Rotel now???

If you think that then you really are a n--bx with no ears at all....

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 05:46 PM

thats exactly how i feel when i see a display smaller then 50" or a a dvd in action :suicide:

it is what is homie...:cool:

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 05:49 PM

who said anything about denon? i own a bose setup remember :rolleyes: :laugh:

joetama
06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
thats exactly how i feel when i see a display smaller then 50" or a a dvd in action :suicide:

it is what is homie...:cool:

You are a dumb ***... I bet the only reason you like HT is you don't have to lie about your TL numbers and people believe you when you say something. Which makes me laugh, a good friend of mine and my fathers always said after dealing with some idiot, "Ange.... Everyones a sound man"....

adam71
06-03-2007, 05:57 PM

I wasn't serious about you not having taste in music. I was merely giving you ****. I happen to like the Eagles but that doesn't mean everyone has to like them, just me. I'm sure you have some favorites that I wouldn't like too but I wouldn't call them garbage or "melodramatic mush" as you say. I would just say they aren't my kind of music.

I. E. Different strokes for different folks.

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 05:58 PM
You are a dumb ***... I bet the only reason you like HT is you don't have to lie about your TL numbers and people believe you when you say something. Which makes me laugh, a good friend of mine and my fathers always said after dealing with some idiot, "Ange.... Everyones a sound man"....

so tell me again what does dbdrag have to do with ht?

btw unlike your girlfriend tells you size matters.

yah everyone sure is let me see some hard proof of you being in audio for a couple of years?

you might talk ish about my numbers but no one in california was louder then me unless they had a crx in my class. what do you have?

boy ive been in the car audio before you even knew what a stereo was..

joetama
06-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I wasn't serious about you not having taste in music. I was merely giving you ****. I happen to like the Eagles but that doesn't mean everyone has to like them, just me. I'm sure you have some favorites that I wouldn't like too but I wouldn't call them garbage or "melodramatic mush" as you say. I would just say they aren't my kind of music.

Honestly, music either is or isn't... It either moves you or it doesn't.

My mom likes the Eagles, and I had to listen to them almost non-stop durring car rides as a child. So, I have a deep rooted loathing for them...

Thank god for my dad with Steely Dan, DF, AC/DC, Little Feat...

1loudsuv

for some reason he likes to argue with people nothing new.

i see those commercials on tv all the time i think he needs some off those pills if you know what i am talking about..

adam71

Technically speaking Rotel is much better equipment than Denon's mainstream offerings. But I own Denon equipment and love the sound better than Rotel simply because it gives me a better bang for the buck. If I had money to burn I would go with ALL Meridian, Theta or Classe.

adam71
06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Honestly, music either is or isn't... It either moves you or it doesn't.

My mom likes the Eagles, and I had to listen to them almost non-stop durring car rides as a child. So, I have a deep rooted loathing for them...

Thank god for my dad with Steely Dan, DF, AC/DC, Little Feat...\

Ahhh....Steely Dan. Good stuff with excellent production value. If you like them I bet you like Alan Parsons as well?? If so you should check out their HDAD releases. 24/96 one side which is DVD-Video format and 24/192 on the other side which is DVD-Audio format. Both sound great.

joetama
06-03-2007, 06:07 PM
so tell me again what does dbdrag have to do with ht?

btw unlike your girlfriend tells you size matters.

yah everyone sure is let me see some hard proof of you being in audio for a couple of years?

you might talk ish about my numbers but no one in california was louder then me unless they had a crx in my class. what do you have?

boy ive been in the car audio before you even knew what a stereo was..

Yea, but once full of ****... Always full of ****...

Plus, I have been working with my Dad and Grandfather doing anything and everything audio related since I learned to walk. So, go a head and say that you know more than me because you are older, I get that a lot.

But, what you are 26? I'm 21. So unless you got in car stereo when you were 11-12 and I doubt that, and that is being generous. I started learning way before that, I was left at my first job when I was 7 because my dad had 2 jobs going on at the same time and needed someone to run the other. I also can afford my perks in life because I have been pretty much doing the same job since I was 7. SO, 14 years of saving... I know people hate that part, especially older folks who don't know how to save money and just want to call me a spoiled brat...

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Yea, but once full of ****... Always full of ****...

Plus, I have been working with my Dad and Grandfather doing anything and everything audio related since I learned to walk. So, go a head and say that you know more than me because you are older, I get that a lot.

But, what you are 26? I'm 21. So unless you got in car stereo when you were 11-12 and I doubt that, and that is being generous. I started learning way before that, I was left at my first job when I was 7 because my dad had 2 jobs going on at the same time and needed someone to run the other. I also can afford my perks in life because I have been pretty much doing the same job since I was 7. SO, 14 years of saving... I know people hate that part, especially older folks who don't know how to save money and just want to call me a spoiled brat...

comprehension

i asked for your proof SO WHERE IS IT?

HERES MINE...

never once did i lose to anything other then a crx since ive owned the explorer and its not like i live in the middle of nowhere..

(oh wait i did lose once to a pickup and a trunk car back in 04 cause when i took out my treos and put in some crossfire bmfs and ran them off a kicker 4 channel amp. orignal setup was 2 treos and 2 earquake d3)

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=17254&Season=2007&Page=5

joetama
06-03-2007, 06:12 PM
for some reason he likes to argue with people nothing new.

i see those commercials on tv all the time i think he needs some off those pills if you know what i am talking about..

No, I am fine... Unless they have pills that make idiots stop being annoying?

Technically speaking Rotel is much better equipment than Denon's mainstream offerings. But I own Denon equipment and love the sound better than Rotel simply because it gives me a better bang for the buck. If I had money to burn I would go with ALL Meridian, Theta or Classe.

Denon is great equipment, I mean nothing bad towards them. Rotel was perfect for my budget and preformance level when I purchased my equipment. I am looking at some Classe however... Put me a nice CP-500 in my system... Oooo that will sound SWEET!

\

Ahhh....Steely Dan. Good stuff with excellent production value. If you like them I bet you like Alan Parsons as well?? If so you should check out their HDAD releases. 24/96 one side which is DVD-Video format and 24/192 on the other side which is DVD-Audio format. Both sound great.

I've heard them before just never maid an effort to go pick up one of thier disks. I'm on a vinyl buying spree at the moment. :naughty:

joetama
06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
comprehension

HERES MINE...

never once did i lose to anything other then a crx since ive owned the explorer and its not like i live in the middle of nowhere..

(oh wait i did lose once to a pickup and a trunk car back in 04 cause when i took out my treos and put in some crossfire bmfs and ran them off a kicker 4 channel amp. orignal setup was 2 treos and 2 earquake d3)

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=17254&Season=2007&Page=5

What do you want pay check stubs and testimonials?

Plus, you are right, what does getting loud have to do with getting clear?

NOTHING! ;)

Sergio, you don't have **** on me pal....

There are 2 groups of people that I like to argue with on the internet. The ones with more knowledge than me but with a completely different opinion (like Thy because I actually learn something usually), and the ones who are absolutely clueless and think they know everything.

Guess which group you are in? ;)

:fyi:

adam71
06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I've heard them before just never maid an effort to go pick up one of thier disks. I'm on a vinyl buying spree at the moment. :naughty:

I like the sound of vinyl. But the maintenance *****. Its give and take I guess you could say. Those HDAD's are pretty close to the sound of vinyl if there is such a thing. Personally I don't think the vinyl sound is "correct" or "the right sound" in which sound should be referenced from. I look at the sound of vinyl as "different" or "warmer" and that is what draws me to it. It's a break from the sound of digital.

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
What do you want pay check stubs and testimonials?

Plus, you are right, what does getting loud have to do with getting clear?

NOTHING! ;)

Sergio, you don't have **** on me pal....

There are 2 groups of people that I like to argue with on the internet. The ones with more knowledge than me but with a completely different opinion (like Thy because I actually learn something usually), and the ones who are absolutely clueless and think they know everything.

Guess which group you are in? ;)

:fyi:

you sure love to ignore the facts and replace them with your opinions dont you?

i posted the eagles something to do with sq and then you go spreading your opinion, what does the eagles have to do with sq and then i post a website with multiple votes giving it a 9.0 and then you say they are garbage.

not once did i say their the best group around but yet you have to spread your opinion to try and ignore the facts.

if you dont like the group well so be it but they obviously have some really good recordings as far as sound quality goes until you can prove otherwise i suggest you put a sock in it FYI!

1loudsuv
06-03-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3096897&postcount=35

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3099352&postcount=36

fyi no one asked for your opinion of how good their music is just how good recorded it is..

hoss
06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
comprehension

HERES MINE...

you would lose to me :fyi:

1loudsuv
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
BTW, listened to some def techs the other day...

forgot to ask... which ones did you demo? what electronics? oh yah mainly asking cause right now i am shopping for new towers but trying to get hte most bang for my buck.... i demoed the thiels 2.4 yesterday i liked them VERY clean sounding got very loud with no distortion and the bass was very tight sounding, hooked up to a krell 2250. but the salesmen was telling me that for my size room that they would not sound good at all. they need space sooo hmmmmm.

i still need to demo the b&w 804's some more but ive been thinking of trying the def tech mythos. i want the best sq but with a small foot print but if the mythos **** guess ill just get teh 804 and get a small sub.

oh yah also intrested in these ones

http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=50.1

i love their look but i have no clue in how they sound :(

joetama
06-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I heard the pretty much all of them :laugh:. The 7001/7002/7004 all were way too blah and lacked definition and balance, the sound stage and imaging was all too crowded for my taste. But, the Mythos weren't too bad. I listen to them all with Rotel/Denon/Yamaha setups (they had a sweet switcher so with the click of a button they could change their setups...

In all honestly, (and you know how much I love the B&W stuff) B&W speakers all pretty much need a lot of room. They need to be at least 3ft away from a wall on all sides and need to be away from racks and the TV (except the 600 series and the XT series). The Theil loudspeakers are about the same as the B&W, but the higher you go in their series the more space you need. I got the 700s because I am pretty much not going to upgrade until I can afford 800D or the best thing they have then, that is why I have them in a smaller room (for now but not when I move in September w00t!). The Def Techs are more flexible. They can preform to their potential when close to a wall. I didn't think the Mythos sound bad, they just are not what I like. But, in all honesty (guessing you like a loud speaker that won't distort and will sound clean) the Mythos would be great. I honestly think after having a Def Tech system for as long as you have had them after a while the B&Ws will start to get fatiguing because of their lean and bright sound (aka the British sound).

Also, B&W and Krell = meh. Def Tech and Krell = :). The higher up you go in the B&W line the more amp specific they are. With the Krell amp they are going to be over bearingly bright. Rotel is flat but dynamic and Classe is just straight forward and lean which is why B&W works so well with them. A lot of people like Mac and B&W because it makes them 'warmer'. I however find McIntosh amps on B&W to sound too boxy. But, I am super picky. (Some people say you can't hear a difference, but other say you can, these things are just from my experience with listening and people I have worked with)

I have never heard the ones in the link, but I would never buy with out listening. ;)

1loudsuv
06-10-2007, 11:28 PM
i honestly dont care about the amp anymore... i would sell it if it meant better sound. i really want to get it right this time. before i was more into ht but lately ive been hearing allot of music. i dunno i am gonna take my time with it. and thanks for the advice :) i got to admit when i bought my current towers all i wanted was big bass and ok sounding but right now i want something that can have amazing definition low distortion and good imaging and soundstage. the def techs do a dam good job at the last two imo but heh since i have been demoing more speakers it kind of puts them to shame...

Fast1one
06-11-2007, 12:17 AM

youve got the spirit of an audiophile, you seem educated on the subject, just gotta get over yourself a bit :) .He doesn't build his own stuff anyway...

Fail :)

joetama
06-11-2007, 12:22 AM
He doesn't build his own stuff anyway...

Fail :)

OMG OMG OMG OMG DIY FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

You are worthless... GTFO & :suicide:

joetama
06-11-2007, 12:26 AM
i honestly dont care about the amp anymore... i would sell it if it meant better sound. i really want to get it right this time. before i was more into ht but lately ive been hearing allot of music. i dunno i am gonna take my time with it. and thanks for the advice :) i got to admit when i bought my current towers all i wanted was big bass and ok sounding but right now i want something that can have amazing definition low distortion and good imaging and soundstage. the def techs do a dam good job at the last two imo but heh since i have been demoing more speakers it kind of puts them to shame...

Just go out and listen... Listen to everything you can, hi-fi, mid-fi. Different CD Players, amps, Pre-Amps, Speakers, everything.

You probably will take a pretty big hit on the Krell... There are TONS of great speakers that would work awesome with that amp. Sonus Faber is one and/or Focal is another. Just listen around, don't limit yourself...

1loudsuv
06-11-2007, 01:28 AM
ive seen the krells sell for $3,500 i think?? so i wouldnt be losing much but i dont plan on getting the towers just yet probably around october. maybe even longer if i decide to get something a little more expensive then the 804s.

btw B&w does this count as a video of my setup :P lol now you know why i havent made one for another reason.... my room is to dark i tried making one of the subs but i couldnt make out squat and this video is with teh lights on i guess the camera ***** for low light...

oh yah i was showing the noise difference from an hd dvd player and the heater oh i mean ps3 lol

http://media.putfile.com/PS3-vs-HD-A2-noise-comparison-

Pistonsfan70
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_513097.html

A pretty big blow for HD-DVD's....Blockbuster is only going to rent Blu-ray's....

1loudsuv
06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_513097.html

A pretty big blow for HD-DVD's....Blockbuster is only going to rent Blu-ray's....

Blah I don't rent movies I buy them....
and they will continue to rent online and so will netflix. do you really think its worth it to drive to a store and spend $3-6 for gas when you can just get it in the mail? its a last ditch effort for blockbuster before their b&m rental stores go obsolete and downloads and mail rentals become the next big thing.

j3bus2k3
06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
consumers were choosing Blu-ray titles more than 70 percent of the time.

PWNT

...although it does depend on where they sampled, I still decalre pwnt.

Kenny Pollock
06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Blah I don't rent movies I buy them....
and they will continue to rent online and so will netflix. do you really think its worth it to drive to a store and spend $3-6 for gas when you can just get it in the mail? its a last ditch effort for blockbuster before their b&m rental stores go absolute and downloads and mail rentals become the next big thing.
My family pays $40 a month to go in and rent any movie, any time, no late fees... it's awesome. Also, Blockbuster rents DVDs online, much like Netflix I believe. Lastly, I have never spent $3 in gas to go to a Blockbuster.

thylantyr
06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
BlockBuster is lame.

I go to hollywood video, all flix are 5 day rentals. No BS, they have deals,
they have new releases, used, for sale $5 - $8.33 each.

Netflix -> lol

1loudsuv
06-18-2007, 05:33 PM
PWNT

...although it does depend on where they sampled, I still decalre pwnt.

Yah when a title available on both formats only sells a 60/40 split and planet earth actually sells more on hd dvd

www.thedvdwars.com

hoss
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
BlockBuster is lame.

I go to hollywood video, all flix are 5 day rentals. No BS, they have deals,
they have new releases, used, for sale $5 - $8.33 each.

Netflix -> lol

blockbuster online son... get movies in the mail, take them to the store and exchange them for new movies for free and they mail you the next movies in your que, and all movies re 5 day remtals plus a week long "grace period" to return them (so essentially 12 days).

i used to use netflix, and for a little less money and you get more movies at blockbuster... netflix got nothing on bb online :)

1loudsuv
06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
blockbuster online son... get movies in the mail, take them to the store and exchange them for new movies for free and they mail you the next movies in your que, and all movies re 5 day remtals plus a week long "grace period" to return them (so essentially 12 days).

i used to use netflix, and for a little less money and you get more movies at blockbuster... netflix got nothing on bb online :)

I always though blockbuster and netflix offered the same pries :suicide:

and netflix has the advantage of being able to rent more movies at a time. while i think blockbuster is limited to 4-5 netflix is 8...

hoss
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
i dunno, i thought blockbuster was marginally (very marginal, like cents) cheaper, could be the same though, i dunno :)

im not sure what all the bb plans are, i think they offer the same, or very similar to netflix. i have the 3 at a time deal, so i get three in the mail, and then can go get 3 in the store. and then they mail me 3 more, so i could effectively have 6 out at a time, for the price of 3 out at a time :)

i just know that i like blockbuster better than netflix. they are a little slower in the mailing process, but getting them in the store more than makes up for it IMO. plus you get e-coupons that you can use to rent either movies or games for free :)

ngsm13
06-18-2007, 07:19 PM
i dunno, i thought blockbuster was marginally (very marginal, like cents) cheaper, could be the same though, i dunno :)

im not sure what all the bb plans are, i think they offer the same, or very similar to netflix. i have the 3 at a time deal, so i get three in the mail, and then can go get 3 in the store. and then they mail me 3 more, so i could effectively have 6 out at a time, for the price of 3 out at a time :)

i just know that i like blockbuster better than netflix. they are a little slower in the mailing process, but getting them in the store more than makes up for it IMO. plus you get e-coupons that you can use to rent either movies or games for free :)

Indeed.

Kenny must be an r-tard if they're paying $40 a month...

nG

1loudsuv
06-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow their might be another punch coming to hd dvd tommorow from blu ray

please stay tuned for more news :)

joetama
06-29-2007, 06:57 PM
SO what's new in this thread?

hoss
06-29-2007, 07:09 PM
so what was the punch to hd-dvd?

1loudsuv