PDA

View Full Version : Kick panels or glass doors?

Skip01
05-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Any opinions on this?

2004 Explorer

Im gonna be goin with 2 sets of comps in the front and one set in back...was wondering what would be better overall sound.

I dont really like the look of the kick panel enclosures.....but it would be ultimately cheaper.

Glassing would be more obviously.....and look better in my opinion...but does it warrant the extra cost with its sounding better?

Or another option im throwin around....getting 1 set of K2Ps in front and V2s in back doors?

Im gonna have 4 12s and hopefully around 155s when its all said and done...laugh if you want...but it will be
But i honestly want a good sounding 150 and ill be happy

Any opinions welcome?

James Bang
05-26-2007, 08:20 PM
i vote kicks

azbass
05-26-2007, 08:49 PM
when you do something like that, it depends on the room you have to work with, the look you wana have and the best performance from the speakers.

HCCA
05-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Kicks would really limit the foot area, and the Emergency brake will be in the way, on the driver's side. You can get pretty awsome sound just using the factory locations, and a good set of speakers. The Boston Pro60's come with an adapter ring that screws in using the factory screws, and the speakers screw into the adapter ring. Very minimal work for great sound. Just be sure to use damping mat on the inside of your door.