PDA

View Full Version : DEH-P7800MP with XM Adapter XMDPIO110

Sugrat
05-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Wonder if someone can help.

I just purchased the DEH-P7800MP to upgrade from 850 Model and everything seems to work correctly except the XM display.

On my older unit (850) I would see up to 16 Characters of text (Single Line) for the channel or Artist, song etc.

When I installed my 7800, I get the XM fine but I'm only getting 8 Characters? when I play my ipod or mp3 cds on the unit - i see a full display of characters right across the display but on 8 on the XM.

Does anyone else have this problem? I contact Terk (audiovox) support and they were pretty useless.

I just need to know if this is normal or not? if it is, i might have to go for the pioneer xm tuner at some point.

Thanks for any input.

pellis
05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
i dont have the 7800, but i have the 880prs. i also have 8 chars. i am using the xmdpio100 the older model. i thought that it was just tailored to me using the older model, but i see that it affects the xmdpio110, too. i wonder if buying the pioneer gex-p920xm would give us 16 chars? i think that i read somewhere a while back that the 2006 models only had 8 chars. but that was a long time ago, so i cant be too sure if i read that correctly. you might want to check out xmfan.com or xm411.com and see if you can find some more information out. coming from an alpine hu with xm that has 16 chars and artist and title on the same display is a hard pill to swallow for xm, but i dont miss my alpine hu.

Sugrat
05-28-2007, 02:39 AM
Thx for the reply - I read the pioneer turner will do the 16 characters - i just find it strange that I can get 16 characters on my old pioneer unit and not this new one with the XMDP. :confused:

Sugrat
05-30-2007, 12:31 AM
For all those intested - it was a faulty XDMP adapter, replaced the it and it now shows the full 16 characters. :D