PDA

View Full Version : new mb quart pvf series

ccotenj
05-26-2007, 11:35 AM
has anyone had the opportunity to demo these yet?

if so, any comments? relative to previous series, etc.?

thanks in advance.

ps. i searched. :)

jmanpc
05-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I dunno much about them, since they're the new line. You might as well just go with the older PCE 216s. They're solid and sound awesome.

tbasile1
05-26-2007, 12:38 PM
yea the PCEs are solid speakers, and u wouldnt be disappointed with em at all!

look online and ebay if u want Quarts, they go pretty cheap

Gary S
05-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, the old ones are on closeout all over the place... I would not buy the new line when there are still deals on the old.

Hoodlum007
05-27-2007, 02:50 PM
i used to have the MB Pce216 and the tweeter was just way to harsh for my ears. If you like sharp tweeters then go for it soft on the tweeters like me you will want to go with a differant comp.

casper97ta
05-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I just installed a set of the PCE-216's and they are awesome. Here's a link to my thread with pics and a brief review.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235254&highlight=mb+quart

ccotenj
05-28-2007, 09:34 PM
i used to have the MB Pce216 and the tweeter was just way to harsh for my ears. If you like sharp tweeters then go for it soft on the tweeters like me you will want to go with a differant comp.

yea, i know, some people don't like the brightness of the tweeters... i can understand that... having had 3 sets of quarts before (including pce's in the car i just sold), i'm pretty fond of that "quart brightness" (or my ears have just adjusted to it :) )... oddly enough, i prefer more neutral tweeters in my home system... perhaps it's just the different environments... or perhaps it's just that my ears are hosed... :blackeye:

thanks for the replies on the pce's, but (and i don't mean this in an unappreciative way), i'm kinda looking for feedback on the new model... :)