PDA

View Full Version : sound cards

adio
05-25-2007, 05:32 PM
hey kids,
i'm lookin for a new soundcard that would make my music at least twice as loud as it is now. i have an acer travelmate 4000lci and it's connected to my stereo via an rca cable. i use winamp for my music, but 95% of it sounds distorted. when we plug the rca cable into my gf's samsung mp3 player, the music sounds waaaaaaaaay better and never gets distorted, no matter how loud u blast the player or the stereo.

my thinking is if i had a higher Mw (milliwatt) rating coming from my soundcard, the music could be turned up wihout getting distorted. like how cowan audio players talk about having 15, 30, 60Mw coming from their headphone jacks.

any recommendations on soundcards instead of buying either a cheap headphone amplifier or 1 that cost 6 trilloin bucks?

joetama
05-26-2007, 02:51 AM
Buy an amp... :fyi:

Or an old Receiver with a headphone jack... :fyi:

adio
05-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Buy an amp... :fyi:

Or an old Receiver with a headphone jack... :fyi:

:eyebrow:

joetama
05-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Ok... Here is why...

If you get a really good sound card, one that does what you want to do you are going to be dropping $300 easy.

A decent used receiver can be cheaper than that. Also, it sounds like you are overdriving your sound card. If it is already attached to your stereo turn the computer outputs down and turn the stereo master up. It's called gain structure. ;)

adio
05-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok... Here is why...

If you get a really good sound card, one that does what you want to do you are going to be dropping $300 easy.

A decent used receiver can be cheaper than that. Also, it sounds like you are overdriving your sound card. If it is already attached to your stereo turn the computer outputs down and turn the stereo master up. It's called gain structure. ;)

:graduate:

btnhfan
05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Maybe this will be good?

http://www.trendsaudio.com/EN/Product/USB_Audio_desc.htm