PDA

View Full Version : Who likes their Avic-D3?

djeazie
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Im gonna buy an indash DVD w/ nav. so far I gonna buy the avic d3, any thoughts, concerns, and complaints from any avic owners? I will be selling my
Deh-p7800mp if anybodys interested.

SethPhillips
05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
im not a owner but i have installed quite a few of those..
you cant bypass the video ( watch while driveing) due to the internal gyro's and gps ant.. detects the car is moveing....
but other then that im sure it's a nice unit!?

djeazie
05-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes you can bypass its a simple wire change moving the mute wire to a different pin on the plug and grounding both the mute wire and the parking brake wire.

Towncar
05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
im not a owner but i have installed quite a few of those..
you cant bypass the video ( watch while driveing) due to the internal gyro's!?

wrong!!

Towncar
05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes you can bypass its a simple wire change moving the mute wire to a different pin on the plug and grounding both the mute wire and the parking brake wire.

indeed..

SethPhillips
05-24-2007, 07:38 PM
my bad i get those models mixed up!!.... i was talking about the avic z2
MY BAD FU*CKERS!!!!!!!!!!

SethPhillips
05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
www.avic411.com son!!!

djeazie
05-24-2007, 08:45 PM
www.avic411.com son!!!

Thank you sir. No need to get nasty!

Qbenjamin
05-26-2007, 10:17 AM
I posted a full walkthrough on the Avic-D3 on this site with pictures.

As far as it's SQ goes, it is crisp and clear. Put the Actor Stage Setting on, and you will get crystal clear treb inside of your car. Turn your subwoofer option on and take it to +3. I can't remember what my HPF is set to, or my SLA, but messing with both of those will help out tremendously when tuning. It will take a couple of hours or so to get it to the right level for you. I have all the bass in my interior speakers at a marginal level, since I have enough bass coming from the subwoofer. There are a lot of features to play with for tuning, so tune away.

The navigation discs on the other hand are sometimes VERY INACCURATE. I have had those discs take me well outta my way plenty of times. Pioneer really slacked off with the navi discs. I can't get a lot of addresses in my area to come up. I even did a search on a government building once, and it took me 10 miles past it to a totally different area.....:(