PDA

View Full Version : comps in front, leave rear either stock or take out speakers?

blimblam
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
i've heard that i should just leave the rear stage empty. but i'm not sure if i should. but i'm wondering if i should or not or just leave it stock. i was planning on getting the infinity ref 6020cs for the front stage and 6022si for the rear stage but now i'm not sure what to do what the rear stage. any ideas? thanks. sorry, if i've been asking a lot of newbie questions.

and for the amp, should i get a 4-channel or 2-channel?

XanderMoser
05-24-2007, 08:58 PM
What are you looking for in your system? Sheer volume? A quality soundstage? Taking out the rear speakers will make your front sound stage much more accurate. However, you could lose some volume. Especially for your rear passengers, if you have them often. It really depends on your situation. I took mine out because I want better sound for the front, and I know that I will be able to get loud enough for the rear passengers to hear the music just fine off my components. Plus taking out the rear speakers lets my sub sound a little clearer in the cabin...

blimblam
05-24-2007, 09:26 PM
i want good sound quality. i will probably have a lot of passengers but i'm not really sure because i might be carpooling for football and me and all my friends got cars so i don't know. let's say i will have rear passengers, i should have the rear speakers right?

Geezerpoop
05-24-2007, 10:09 PM
With all the debates about rear fill vs. no rear fill, I decided to fade all the way to the front so that the back speakers wouldn't be playing. It took a little getting used to but now I like it a lot better. Earlier today I had my rear speakers taken out.

Point being it may be worth trying it both ways and seeing what you like better.

prodgod
05-24-2007, 10:26 PM
With all the debates about rear fill vs. no rear fill, I decided to fade all the way to the front so that the back speakers wouldn't be playing. It took a little getting used to but now I like it a lot better. Earlier today I had my rear speakers taken out.

Point being it may be worth trying it both ways and seeing what you like better.

I have done this too, right now, I'm with my fader almost all the way to the front, and didn't take out the backs because I have people riding in my car quite often. Now, the front stage is so much more accurate, and the sound quality for the highs is much better than before, and I'm also getting more midbass this way.

If you're adding an amp to your speakers, if you decide to keep your rear speakers in, I would recommend just amping the fronts, and running the rears off the hu power. This is what I'm doing once I get my new amp and better comps for the front. I have heard systems like this, and they sound good, and there is still sound comming out of the rear for passengers if you have them.

Hope this helps

Swick

blimblam
05-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I have done this too, right now, I'm with my fader almost all the way to the front, and didn't take out the backs because I have people riding in my car quite often. Now, the front stage is so much more accurate, and the sound quality for the highs is much better than before, and I'm also getting more midbass this way.

If you're adding an amp to your speakers, if you decide to keep your rear speakers in, I would recommend just amping the fronts, and running the rears off the hu power. This is what I'm doing once I get my new amp and better comps for the front. I have heard systems like this, and they sound good, and there is still sound comming out of the rear for passengers if you have them.

Hope this helps

Swick
yea, it does help. so i should just get a 2 channel amp?

prodgod
05-25-2007, 07:14 PM
A 2 channel amp would be easiest if you are looking to run coax's, or running a set of passive comps.

If you want to, you could also get a 4 channel amp and bridge them into 2 channels. Of get a 4 channel amp if you are looking to run a set of comps active, then just use 2 channels for the mids and 2 channels for the tweets.

Swick