PDA

View Full Version : new eclipse cd7000 vs pioneer deh880prs

hurricanes0688
05-24-2007, 01:11 AM
well i have both, I want the better one in my Lincoln. So which one do you guys think is better i know they are both pretty **** good but which one wins....Im leaning towards the cd7000 because i like the color screen and i think it is as good as the pioneer and looks better please need some opiniosn here

Towncar
05-24-2007, 01:14 AM
You think the eclipse looks better? I personally think the elipse is hideous, along with all other eclipse decks. All looks aside, I would still go with the pioneer. Much easier to use, and much better bang for your buck. And if you have both, why cant you figure this out on your own?

xtremez
05-24-2007, 01:16 AM
i havent really messed with the pioneers but i have always been a fan of the eclipse decks. i currently have the avn 5495 at home and its in my opinion the best deck ive ever owned. So i would go with the cd7000 flip out.

hurricanes0688
05-24-2007, 01:22 AM
http://images.cardomain.net/products/ecl/ECLCD7000.jpg

i dont think the newer eclipse decks look bad, i like the color display on it. Anyway i have both ordered so i dont ahve either yet. I know the older eclipse decks look like poo, but the newer look pretty good at least higher end models.

Towncar
05-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Still hideous if you ask me..

zSnb
05-24-2007, 04:55 AM
both units have all the same capabilities when run active. Pioneer has a few extra tuning options and better subwoofer controls and it looks alot nicer. 880prs ftw.

donpisto
05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
You think the eclipse looks better? I personally think the elipse is hideous, along with all other eclipse decks. All looks aside, I would still go with the pioneer. Much easier to use, and much better bang for your buck. And if you have both, why cant you figure this out on your own?

I agree that the Eclipse may not look as flashy as other decks but they don't look horrible. i'm sure you would say the same about a Denon head unit, but Denon>Pioneer overall. I actually found the Eclipse units to be easier to use than the pioneer. That little knob in the center on the P680 that I messed around with was a pain. Eclipse units are very easy to use, I've never used manuals for the 2 decks I've owned and it only took a few days to get adjusted to it and figure out what does what. Personally, people buy HU's for different reasons, some buy it because of the look of the unit, others for the tuning capabilities. It's all personal preference. I prefer Eclipse since they have alot more tuning capabilities.

Towncar
05-24-2007, 12:57 PM
i'm sure you would say the same about a Denon

You would be incorrect on that assumption. I like the cosmetics of denon decks, just not eclipse..

donpisto
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
You would be incorrect on that assumption. I like the cosmetics of denon decks, just not eclipse..

Assumption > Me

lol

whitemax
05-27-2007, 04:32 AM
While the lack of buttons on the 880 gives it a cleaner look, I prefer being able to do basic functions without having to go into menus and submenus. I believe this is something very important in a vehicle.