PDA

View Full Version : trunk theft preventions

M@nJo
05-23-2007, 03:27 AM
so after my audio goods being stolen, i put some serious thought into it and tried finding ways to make it harder for the thieves (aka douchbags). now that my alarm system didnt quite work well i decided to bring up my own ideas. let me know what you think or if you want to add any.

1) mounting a metal or solid heavy duty bar (car strut bar works) horizonally from the bottom end of the trunk to the top somewhere. that way, the sub box or large items in the trunk wont be able to leave without cutting the bar or unmounting it. by using special patterned bolts (IE: like how the VIN car tags use special patterned screws to remove) for this bar, it will make it much more difficult. everyone carrys a phillips screwdriver nowadays.

2) before mounting the subs onto the box, first mount the sub box INSIDE the walls to the trunk floor cardboard. this will force the thieve to cut the cardboard which will cause time and more effort. now at this point, he or she will target the amps. use special pattern screws to mount your amps onto your sub box.

3) chains. get a long enough heavy duty chain link just so that when you open the trunk lid, u have enough clearance to stick your hand in and use the key to unlock the lock. the thief can use bolt cutters, but another time lagger and more effort needed. if using large sized bolt cutters, it would be extremely difficult to get it in such small space through the trunk as well.

4) nails/sharp objects. this is gonna sound ridiculous but by mounting nails or very sharp points around the trunk lid area, the thief will get hurt and wont know where else these nails may be. if a thief saw a chainlink, he or she will try and cut it. first thing is using his hand to hold the trunk lid up for support and other hand with bolt cutters. by using nails/sharp objects mounting on the surrounding of the trunk lid, he will get hurt and hopefully give up. just remember where you mounted them.

5) ???

these may sound ridiculous but im gonna do #1 for sure.

dumple
05-23-2007, 03:29 AM
5 trunk monkey

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:32 AM
weld the trunk shut that will show those punks who's boss

shava
05-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Need more ideas, I have a trunk car and am very worried about my stuff getting stolen :O

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:35 AM
Hide a skunk in your trunk, LOL THAT RHYMES

vwrx_freak
05-23-2007, 03:36 AM
i think your close with the chain idea i would bolt/ weld a chain to the trunk lid from the inside then cut a hole where you can feed the chain through the bottom of the car and padlock it now you can acess it if need be and be pretty **** secure i dont see a theif cutting a large lock ort chain for a couple woofers

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Put fake junk in your trunk boxes from an XBOX 360, and fill them with lead batteries so that people think they are stealing something important

dumple
05-23-2007, 03:39 AM
Put fake junk in your trunk boxes from an XBOX 360, and fill them with lead batteries so that people think they are stealing something important

hhahah but what happens when they find out u scammed umm then they might take ur whole car

shava
05-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Um that last one not so much...

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:40 AM
If possible back into parking spaces so that your trunk is right against a building, so that it would be more difficult to steal from trunk

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:41 AM
hhahah but what happens when they find out u scammed umm then they might take ur whole car

Thats where insurance comes in handy

shava
05-23-2007, 03:43 AM
If possible back into parking spaces so that your trunk is right against a building, so that it would be more difficult to steal from trunk

I did that with my garage once cause I saw a guy walking around eariler scoping **** out and I was setting my gains... I was 1/4'' from my garage door lol

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Make a device that shoots ping pong balls (or if you want to be really creative a device that shoots bowling balls) at whom ever opens your trunk, unless your push a safety button in 5 seconds.

brendan_121212
05-23-2007, 03:54 AM
Put a bunch of ***** mags in the trunk and it will distract the theives. That might give you enough time to sneek around behind them and do a karate chop.

oxygen65
05-23-2007, 04:06 AM
you could shave the keyhole to the trunk and disconect the trunk release in ur car if you have one, but then you have to get a door poper or somethin to get into ur trunk

Ku-sama
05-23-2007, 04:12 AM
one word.

Tazer.

hook that **** up so you need gloves to open that ***** or else you get 45k volts... beeeeeotch

Fast1one
05-23-2007, 04:21 AM
^^^ best one yet...lol

smd4life
05-23-2007, 04:40 AM
um...shut it?

ricoshay
05-23-2007, 09:54 AM
funny story...
My uncle was installing a CASSETTE player in his nova a few years ago. We watched and laughed as he lined the back of the dash with rasezerblades mounted with superglue. Apparently someone wanted the cassette player cus the very next morning he came outside to find the floorboards covered in blood!

Ku-sama
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
funny story...
My uncle was installing a CASSETTE player in his nova a few years ago. We watched and laughed as he lined the back of the dash with rasezerblades mounted with superglue. Apparently someone wanted the cassette player cus the very next morning he came outside to find the floorboards covered in blood!

do some DNA Analyzing and find that mofo

MisterE
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
if you have an alarm/keyless you can pretty easily disconnect the trunk pop inside the car and have it ONLY possible with the remote

wont stop those bastards from breaking your trunk open though...

maybe something like the hood lock that DEI makes, but for the trunk??

blackbonnie
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
shave your trunk lock, and disconnect the trunk button inside the car, and just run a remote

donpisto
05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
On a seroius note, the thief can just steal the car, at which point they will have plenty of time to do whatever they wish...but many thieves are not gonna do this.

On a more serious note...Trunk Monkey FTW!

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/44/51/

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/28/51/

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/40/51/

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/82/51/

Twistid
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
i broke my trunk lock and cut the release wire from the inside and hid it ...

so if you want in the trunk you have to know where the wire is and give it a good tug

its impossible to get in the trunk now unless you put a crowbar to it

CJW
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Don't use a chain link...Use industrial cable. It won't vibrate as much.

nbudros
05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
.... disable the trunk popper and use your key....

buy a vw like me and lock the trunk release and the rear folding seat, and use only the key remote to unlock the trunk...

PIZAZ!!!! u have to crowbar that ****...

OHHHH GLUE ****** to your trunk lid?

RydHy3845
05-23-2007, 05:54 PM
the best thing if your at home is to park your car in the garage always and have an alarm on your garage to..if I left my car out one night even though I got a 2way paging alarm them haters would stab my tires and break my windows..

Megalomaniac
05-28-2007, 12:39 PM
do a 4th order BP and they cant see the sub at all...as wel as do #1

SethPhillips
05-28-2007, 03:33 PM
how's about you use a trunk pin!!!! you said you have a alarm right?????
put a trunk pop selinoid on the trunk release... shave lock.... install hood pin
bam two birds with one stone.... cant brake in and if they do alarm will go off as SOOON as they open the trunk

DUUUH!!!:rolleyes:

DBfan187
05-28-2007, 03:36 PM
www.trunkmonkey.com (http://www.trunkmonkey.com)

DBfan187
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
**** I'm slow today. :(

traksta15
05-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Is there someway to hook up an electrical shock to the trunk that can be armed/disabled w/the alarm?

saturnspl1991
05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
no you use actuators to fling the lid open when the alarm is tripped by motion sensors on the lid and they get a mouth full of your emblem of choice :blackeye: then you come out like WTF:eek: , naw all those are good ideas but what about cars that have fold down rear seats like ym saturn ?? the trunk releas wont even be necessary they can just fold my seats down and pull my stuff out........

SethPhillips
05-28-2007, 03:49 PM
IT'S SIMPLE
HOOK UP A TRUNK PIN TO THE ALARM!!!!! HAVE IT SET UP SO THE SMALLEST AMOUNT OF TRUNK OPENADGE WILL SET IT OFF!!!

then go running outside with a 9 iron. and yell FOUR!!!

saturnspl1991
05-28-2007, 03:50 PM
ohh i can put pins so when my seats fold down it goes off DUH :yumyum:

traksta15
05-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Also last thing I really wanna do is send an electrical current through out the car with amps, headunit, batteries, etc all ground on the car.

why is it illegal? Just the danger to other people? Good point, I didn't think about the amps and stuff bein there. But then again, who wants to steal a broke amp? lol

traksta15
05-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Well the purpose you would do that is to protect your stuff. All of a sudden everything is fried and now your stuff is worthless lol. But yeah its dangerous to the people and even if they are breaking into your they can still sue you for it. Also if a car rear ended you their car could get ****ed up and what not.

I didn't think of that :blackeye: -you're like jeopardy smart, lol