PDA

View Full Version : subs suddenly not working

yo0123yo
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
for some reason my subs just stopped working, on my headunit i used to have an option of setting the sub level from -15 to +15 but not the option is not availble at all , the amp for subs is on but they dont turn on an theres not setting. whats the problem?

subs- 2 12 type r
amp-zx1500.1
HU- kenwood excelon

blackbonnie
05-22-2007, 11:40 PM
do you still have the same HU?

skadude016
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
settings dont just magically go away... there are plenty of things that coulda happend. wire coulda bumped loose. woofers could be fried.

mtlhead
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
rca's come disconnected?

budahbuddy803
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
if that option is not readily avalible and it was before then the rca came out of the amp or the HU. if those are good and you still dont have that option i am confused. Maybe a loose ground/power/remote but those wouldnt have anything to do with that option not being there anymore

Prowler573
05-22-2007, 11:47 PM
To all previous respondants thinking it is a loose connection of some sort I'll wager it is something much more simple....

yo0123yo~
If the option for your sub level has suddenly become unavailable then I would say you accidentally turned the subwoofer outputs off.

If I'm right (and I could easily be mistaken but try this anyway) then here's what you need to do ~

The hat switch on the right-hand side of your HU (the one that changes channels when in Tuner mode or CD tracks when in Disc mode) needs to be pulled downward towards the bottom of the deck....as in lay your finger on the top edge of that hat switch and press downward towards the floor ~ not inward towards the HU's chassis but straight down ~ until you get a message on your display that says "Subwoofer: On" or something of that ilk.
It is the exact same process to turn them off instead of on so I'm guessing you had that switch in just the right position when you weren't paying close enough attention and accidentally turned that output off.
On all three eXcelon decks I've owned including my current XXV-01D when you deactivate the subwoofer preouts it removes the sub level adjustment option from its corresponding menu.

This is assuming that you still have a Kenwood eXcelon HU of some type as listed in your posting signature.

yo0123yo
05-22-2007, 11:57 PM
To all previous respondants thinking it is a loose connection of some sort I'll wager it is something much more simple....

yo0123yo~
If the option for your sub level has suddenly become unavailable then I would say you accidentally turned the subwoofer outputs off.

If I'm right (and I could easily be mistaken but try this anyway) then here's what you need to do ~

The hat switch on the right-hand side of your HU (the one that changes channels when in Tuner mode or CD tracks when in Disc mode) needs to be pulled downward towards the bottom of the deck....as in lay your finger on the top edge of that hat switch and press downward towards the floor ~ not inward towards the HU's chassis but straight down ~ until you get a message on your display that says "Subwoofer: On" or something of that ilk.
It is the exact same process to turn them off instead of on so I'm guessing you had that switch in just the right position when you weren't paying close enough attention and accidentally turned that output off.
On all three eXcelon decks I've owned including my current XXV-01D when you deactivate the subwoofer preouts it removes the sub level adjustment option from its corresponding menu.

This is assuming that you still have a Kenwood eXcelon HU of some type as listed in your posting signature.

wow thank you man, you could not be more accurate. thanks alot

brchd
05-23-2007, 12:00 AM

yo0123yo~

X3

Prowler573
05-23-2007, 12:11 AM
wow thank you man, you could not be more accurate. thanks alot
That was it? You merely had the sub outputs deactivated?
Cool.
Glad it was something simple (and free!) to fix. :)

skadude016
05-23-2007, 12:19 AM
:woot: quick fix