PDA

View Full Version : Design HELP! Need Trunk Space

Boom_box
05-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey guys, i need your help. I currently have a Mazda 3 with a 15 in Rockford sub. The woodworks have been kept to a minimum. I really need trunk space. I was thinking of changing my sub coz it eats pretty much half of the trunk. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can replace it with? Take note that I am not expecting the same quality bass but if there is a way to maximize the bass and have trunk space please let me know.

crfracer290
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
8" or 10" TC1000 don't require alot of volume.

Boom_box
05-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the help. Any comments on the sound quality?

skibumdc
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
If you really want SQ with small space requirements check out Image Dynamics IDQ. Highly regarded as an SQ sub, with only .55 cubic feet of sealed airspace neded and 300+ watts to drive them.
If you do fiberglass for an enclosure you can squeeze that sub into a corner of the trunk/hatch and still have the entire trunk space available.
Plenty of people do it.

I don't know how all these people on the forums can go without a trunk.

blackbonnie
05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
bass tube?

blackbonnie
05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
^^^ that looks like a nos bottle

Trixter
05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
i was going to say a tc sub....i think some of the diamond subs are good in small boxes as well.

Boom_box
05-25-2007, 08:59 AM
If you really want SQ with small space requirements check out Image Dynamics IDQ. Highly regarded as an SQ sub, with only .55 cubic feet of sealed airspace neded and 300+ watts to drive them.
If you do fiberglass for an enclosure you can squeeze that sub into a corner of the trunk/hatch and still have the entire trunk space available.
Plenty of people do it.

I don't know how all these people on the forums can go without a trunk.
-------------------------------------

Thanks for the tip. I agree dude, a trunk is something people usually take for granted. Anyways, I heard of the IDQ's and heard they were good. I think I'll give them a try.

Boom_box
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
bass tube?

--------------------------

Bass tubes are alright, problem is really mounting them in one spot so it doesn't roll all over the place. I use to have one, i turned it into an ashtray (hehehe). But thanks for the tip.