PDA

View Full Version : Factory looking Head Unit?

jmacken37
05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello. New member here. I'm looking to find a simple looking decent quality HU. I drive a convertible and would like one that doesn't look too flashy. I've seen pictures of a Nakamichi cd400 that looks nice. Any others there that aren't all lights and colors? I'd like a nice quality HU that sounds good and has green backlighting.

Thanks,

Jake

P.S. any recommendations as to where to buy from?

Babs
05-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS has a little more elegant look to it. The other Pioneers are also not too bad on the eyes. The CD400 or CD500 Naks do look good to me also.. I'm also not one for silly k-mart looking flash and cheap buttons. The pinnacle of discreet I'd have to say is the Clarion DRZ7255 but it's preamp only and no detach faceplate.. This is a high-end, high-dollar unit that may or may not appeal to you. The pioneer 880 is very popular in the forum with great sound quality and adjustability, but I hear good things about the nak sound quality as well but without all the control (crossovers, eq, time alignment, etc). The CD-700II is supposed to be a BEAST.. Certainly isn't cheap by any means.

OCURIEL
05-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Gt the cd400. It lights up green, looks stock and are know to sound good.

bass_lover1
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
CD400 gets my vote. I owned one for 3 years and LOVED it.

If the Nak had built in x-overs and TA I would have used it until the day it melted.

The 880 is a great unit, alone it sounds nothing like the Nak, but add in the active x-overs 16 band eq and TA, and it edges it out, but barely in my eyes.