PDA

View Full Version : subs cutout

jmoreno150
05-21-2007, 09:54 AM
wassup ca. this weekend i was workin on a 96 accord installed everything and the outcome was great was listening to it for a while with no problems loud clear. so the guys call me up this morning saying that the subs cut in and cut out and during change of stations he hears the subs thump. my gut is to go and check the ground and change it. b4 i go ahead and do do any othe possibilities? thanx guys

DejaWiz
05-21-2007, 10:16 AM
What kind of amp(s)? Could be non-soft on/off issue.

jmoreno150
05-21-2007, 10:20 AM
its and alphasonik 300hc amp. i tld him to check if it goes on protect but he say no. just by him sayin the thump when switching the stations i would figure it would be the ground. what do you think

blackbonnie
05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
its a bad gorund, just switch ground locations to a better ground, and clean it up a bit.

DejaWiz
05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Could be a weak ground, or it could be the lack of anti-thump circuitry within the amp itself. I'm not able to find a user's manual online for the 300HC amp. Do you know if it specifically says it has the anti-thump/soft on and off circuit?

jmoreno150
05-21-2007, 10:34 AM
not sure ive installed these amps b4 with no problem thsi accord is the only car that has been acting a fool but when im not there. its weird 1st time. i will check and relocate the ground.

deja what would be the issue if it were to be sumthing with the soft on and off? thanx guys

DejaWiz
05-21-2007, 10:53 AM
If the amplifier does not have the anti thump circuit, then you will need to make sure you are giving it the best ground that you can. Also make sure that the signal wires are separated far enough from the power cable running from the front to the rear of the vehicle.

DejaWiz
05-21-2007, 11:04 AM
The signal and power wire thing is so fake. I had my ****ing RCA's going across 8 batteries and had no interference or anything so thats bullshit. Just check the ground

Good for you. This depends on the cabling being used, the preout voltage, and the amp itself.