PDA

View Full Version : when to adjust crank time

THUNDERBIRD
05-20-2007, 11:08 PM
so i just installed a hornet 564t alarm/rs in my buddies 96 ram (he thinks it is a 97 but all the wires match a 96 on the tech sheet). he previously had a horney 553t alarm/rs installed in it but the brain broke on it and it was cheaper for me to order him a new one and install it than drive 1.5 hours to detroit to have it attempted to be warrentied out but it was 4-5 years old. so anyways. got it installed just connected all the wires to the oldwires. had to install a mercury switch and the tach as the previous installer never did that. anyways worked great after i installed it, now today i was with him and wanted to check it all out to make sure everything worked great and to adjust the shock sensor up. so i go to rs it and it cranks and doesnt start. it will crank for a split sencond probly 0.6 which if factory set. i guess it will start after 2 or 3 attempts. so after all that my question is do i have to adjust the crank time up to 0.8 or 1 or 1.2 to get it to start right? i was thinking about doing it today but weather was crappy so i thought i would ask before i do it. also installed the siren from the new one under the dash for fun.

tapout
05-20-2007, 11:15 PM
just an FYI on the year issue.... If the 10th digit of the vin is a "T" it is a 96. A "V" is a 97.

mokedaddy
05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
If the tach is programmed than crank time doesnt matter. You may want to try and relearn the tach wire.

THUNDERBIRD
05-22-2007, 12:02 AM
well i relearned the tach tonight then tried to rs it, it cranked then stoped then about 20 seconds later it cranked again and it started. then i stopped playing with it as he was leaving.

Shyne151
05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Is the tach learn going thru? is the led going solid? what wire did you goto for the tach? Did the remote start ever function correctly?

THUNDERBIRD
05-22-2007, 03:22 PM
yes it is, yes it lights solid, i went to one of the uncommon colors at the fuel injector, and yes it did function correctly. i had a murph over at sounddomain tell me to try changing the tach jumpers, he said he has had to do it on a few dodge trucks. i had the issue on my dads caddy and it was because second starter wasnt hooked up after that it worked(not working at the moment dotn know y nor do i care at the moment)

atoz350
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I know it took a few tries before my alarm learned the tach on my Maxima. You have to start it just right. Keep trying.

THUNDERBIRD
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
yeah i am going to try to start the car and give it a lil gas to raise the rpm too like 1500-1800 and relearn it that way.