PDA

View Full Version : i appologize to my pro60 set... i really do

IgnoreMe
05-20-2007, 05:13 PM
you may remember me from some worthless threads such as "boston pro 60's not loud?" and "STILL having problems with my BA pro 60's" when i was bashing on my pro 60's for being overhyped. if you notice the last couple of days i have changed my views on the pro60's greatly. i got rid of my ma audio ampa while ago and bought a severly underrated RD punch150 25-life edition amp. 300 watts @ 4 ohms. while i was running this amp i noticed a difference in loudness. not huge, but definatly louder. well i figured that ****, since i had a distribution block that was just sitting around and knuknocepts 1/0 wire running to my 20.1...i might as well upgrade my power wire for the RF amp (ground as well but of course that isnt connect to the distro block). and as you remember thats what basically started my "why monster cable can **** my hairy balls" thread. annnnnyyyways. just to let you know i have always run 8 gauge wire from my battery to my speaker amps in the back as well as 8 gauge ground. i never really cared as i didnt think the distance was that bad. well i disconnect the 1/0 from the ia 20.1 and ran it to the distibution block. then of course ran a 8" or so peice of 1/0 out to the ia again. this left me with one open terminal. i decided to use some 4 gauge (yada yada you know the story lol) and ran it from the distro to the amp. then upgrade my gound to the chassis from the RF amp. whipped out the DMM checked for voltage drops...everything checked out clear (no voltage drops after the distro block either contrary to popular belief)

so i turned it up and INSTANTANEOUSLY noticed a bump in output. cranked it and "oh wow, i feel stupid as hell now saying the pro60's are hyped". these things EASILY get loud as hell. they get louder with my gains set at -3db with the 4 gauge (and the 1/0 main of course) wire than they did with my long run of 8 gauge wire using a -6db test tone.

notice this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217091&page=3

for some stupid *** reason i missed post 32. :suicide:

AND I LEAVE THE REST OF THE THREAD FOR JOKES, DEATH THREATS, CRITISICM, AND DISRESPECT OF MY FAMILY FOR BEING AN IDIOT AND NOT UPGRADING MY WIRE AS A FIRST STEP. sorry i wasted everyones time. feel free to call me the forum idiot.

perfecxionX
05-20-2007, 05:22 PM
how long was that 8guage run you were using?

IgnoreMe
05-20-2007, 05:24 PM
how long was that 8guage run you were using?

good 15+ feet. maybe more. had it running all crazy around the car tryin to get it towards the back to a location i liked.

Hintzyboy
05-20-2007, 05:27 PM
You are the forum idiot, Troy McClure.

IgnoreMe
05-20-2007, 05:28 PM
You are the forum idiot, Troy McClure.

BINGO HAHAH. simpsons fan eh

Tonyguy
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
you may remember me from some worthless threads such as "boston pro 60's not loud?" and "STILL having problems with my BA pro 60's" when i was bashing on my pro 60's for being overhyped. if you notice the last couple of days i have changed my views on the pro60's greatly. i got rid of my ma audio ampa while ago and bought a severly underrated RD punch150 25-life edition amp. 300 watts @ 4 ohms. while i was running this amp i noticed a difference in loudness. not huge, but definatly louder. well i figured that ****, since i had a distribution block that was just sitting around and knuknocepts 1/0 wire running to my 20.1...i might as well upgrade my power wire for the RF amp (ground as well but of course that isnt connect to the distro block). and as you remember thats what basically started my "why monster cable can **** my hairy balls" thread. annnnnyyyways. just to let you know i have always run 8 gauge wire from my battery to my speaker amps in the back as well as 8 gauge ground. i never really cared as i didnt think the distance was that bad. well i disconnect the 1/0 from the ia 20.1 and ran it to the distibution block. then of course ran a 8" or so peice of 1/0 out to the ia again. this left me with one open terminal. i decided to use some 4 gauge (yada yada you know the story lol) and ran it from the distro to the amp. then upgrade my gound to the chassis from the RF amp. whipped out the DMM checked for voltage drops...everything checked out clear (no voltage drops after the distro block either contrary to popular belief)

so i turned it up and INSTANTANEOUSLY noticed a bump in output. cranked it and "oh wow, i feel stupid as hell now saying the pro60's are hyped". these things EASILY get loud as hell. they get louder with my gains set at -3db with the 4 gauge (and the 1/0 main of course) wire than they did with my long run of 8 gauge wire using a -6db test tone.

notice this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217091&page=3

for some stupid *** reason i missed post 32. :suicide:

AND I LEAVE THE REST OF THE THREAD FOR JOKES, DEATH THREATS, CRITISICM, AND DISRESPECT OF MY FAMILY FOR BEING AN IDIOT AND NOT UPGRADING MY WIRE AS A FIRST STEP. sorry i wasted everyones time. feel free to call me the forum idiot.

Sounds like someone learned a lesson:clap:

IgnoreMe
05-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Sounds like someone learned a lesson:clap:

yes...and considering that ive been into car audio for quite some time, i felt a thread that kicks me in the balls repeatedly was neccesary.

TreyE
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
what ma amp did u have on em before?

IgnoreMe
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
what ma amp did u have on em before?

ma audio hk898...the amp in it self, isnt bad at all. seemed like good quality. its the specs that **** me off. stated that it put out roughly 400 watts i believe, when in all actuality it was closer to 187w...

Twistid
05-20-2007, 06:20 PM
way to go smart guy

IgnoreMe
05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
way to go smart guy

jerk :blackeye: :laugh:

///M5
05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
2150 posts to figure out you need to supply your amp with enough juice. Nice.

TreyE
05-21-2007, 10:49 AM
ma audio hk898...the amp in it self, isnt bad at all. seemed like good quality. its the specs that **** me off. stated that it put out roughly 400 watts i believe, when in all actuality it was closer to 187w...

how you know it only puts out 187w?

HCCA
05-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Install that tweeter imaging system, report back with the results, and all is forgiven! :celebra:

Gary S
05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I love a success story :thumbcool:

I run 4 gauge as standard even for a 400 watt sq system.

Now the only problem is what to do about the rest of your system :tomatofa:

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Well ****. Based on your reported problems I have been telling everyone not to buy anything BA. One guy I spoke with even "unloaded" a BNIB set of Pro60's for half of what he paid for them based on your threads. And now you come back here with an "aw shucks" attitude. That's great George.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Well ****. Based on your reported problems I have been telling everyone not to buy anything BA. One guy I spoke with even "unloaded" a BNIB set of Pro60's for half of what he paid for them based on your threads. And now you come back here with an "aw shucks" attitude. That's great George.

so the guy sold his pro60's because some guy that used the name George on ca.com said they ****? i did my research on here before buying them and as far as i know i was the only one to complain of them not being loud (save the people who were feeding them rms wattage). so it doesnt really bother me that he found 1 thread that says they **** when he could of found 10+ that said they are the bomb (not to mention termpro and other forums which have all praised them). didnt mean him any trouble but thats not a smart way to go imo. i have no idea why your getting all angry at me. hell, i mean i could of been bs'ing around like people do and maybe i dont even own a pro60 set...

just my 2 cents.

and if i understand you right...they were bnib and he sold them for 50% off? i really hope im misunderstanding cause he could of opened them, tested them, and then still sold them as used for probably 75% or more of the original price he paid...

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't think think you understand how much credibility your opinion has on this forum. You are not just "some guy" named George.

Guess we will have to rethink that now.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't think think you understand how much credibility your opinion has on this forum. You are not just "some guy" named George.

Guess we will have to rethink that now.

listen man, i learn new things all the time. i told you i ****ed up, hell a lot of people wont even admit that. the first amp i ever started with was an old alpine doing 75w into 2 channels which is why the 8 gauge was run in the first place. i didnt really even think of running the new wire since i didnt think it would be such a noticeable difference. hell i didnt even know they're was 15+ feet of 8 gauge wire, until i actually took a look, instead of assumed it was all good. yes im guilty of screwing up once in a while. have you ever screwed something up? and if so, did you at least admit to everyone you told in the first place, that you did in fact screw up? i know i did, and do when it happens.

although i appreciate the credibility comment, its my belief that you cant just take 1 mans opinion. it leaves too much of an open chance that something isnt right. ive read opinions from many people that i just completely dismissed until i researched for a couple days on end before coming to a conclusion myself.

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 04:10 PM
listen man, i learn new things all the time. i told you i ****ed up, hell a lot of people wont even admit that. the first amp i ever started with was an old alpine doing 75w into 2 channels which is why the 8 gauge was run in the first place. i didnt really even think of running the new wire since i didnt think it would be such a noticeable difference. hell i didnt even know they're was 15+ feet of 8 gauge wire, until i actually took a look, instead of assumed it was all good. yes im guilty of screwing up once in a while. have you ever screwed something up? and if so, did you at least admit to everyone you told in the first place, that you did in fact screw up? i know i did, and do when it happen.

although i appreciate the credibility comment, its my belief that you cant just take 1 mans opinion. it leaves too much of an open chance that something isnt right. ive read opinions from many people that i just completely dismissed until i researched for a couple days on end before coming to a conclusion myself.

Well, that's all fine and good - but what are your intentions on making good whith respect to the guy who took a bath on those pro60's?

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Well, that's all fine and good - but what are your intentions on making good whith respect to the guy who took a bath on those pro60's?

i dont understand what your trying to get at?

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 04:17 PM
i dont understand what your trying to get at?

The guy took a beating based on your reviews. Seems like you could do something to compensate him. Maybe sell your Pro60's for $150 shipped?

Beat_Dominator
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Live and learn, glad you're happy now.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:22 PM
The guy took a beating based on your reviews. Seems like you could do something to compensate him. Maybe sell your Pro60's for $150 shipped?

i really, REALLY hope that is a joke

donpisto
05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I didn't know the Pro 60's were rated at 400w. I know the Z6's are though. I must say, Boston has EXCELLENT customer service (though its not related to this post). Also, in reference to "whosayswho?", sure George is not just a standard individiual and his word may be of higher value than a noob or someone who you dont see here often. However, it's his opinion and the guy that dropped the Boston's because of George's post should use common judgement and not go with one bad review. No product is perfect out there and some are not good enough for certain people. I don't see how one can make a judgement based on 1 person's opinion, its not rational. George should not and is not to be held responsible for someone else's action(s) based on his opinion.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
I didn't know the Pro 60's were rated at 400w. I know the Z6's are though. I must say, Boston has EXCELLENT customer service (though its not related to this post). Also, in reference to "whosayswho?", sure George is not just a standard individiual and his word may be of higher value than a noob or someone who you dont see here often. However, it's his opinion and the guy that dropped the Boston's because of George's post should use common judgement and not go with one bad review. No product is perfect out there and some are not good enough for certain people. I don't see how one can make a judgement based on 1 person's opinion, its not rational. George should not and is not to be held responsible for someone else's action(s) based on his opinion.

they're not. the old pros (pro 6.5? i think they were called) were rated at 400w rms. the new pro60's are rated only at 125 watts. but they dont get loud at all at that volume. i researched for a long time before purchasing them and everyone i ever read about powered them with 250-350+ watts for the whole time they had them. i am running mine with ~300...no burning, no distortion, just nice and crisp loud music (only time i smelt burning was when i was running the ma audio amp that i THOUGHT was putting out more wattage than it was, and i drove it into clipping)

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
there...updated sig

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 04:32 PM

Well, I don't think that George should be banned or anything like that. I just think he should be accountable for what he said. He should make some effort to help the guy out. It's not too much to ask.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Well, I don't think that George should be banned or anything like that. I just think he should be accountable for what he said. He should make some effort to help the guy out. It's not too much to ask.

tell you what, lets get on the phone and call CA&E about the magnum review and tell them they should be accountable for all the people that were turned off by the mag because they sent a 900w rms sub 300w rms in their review...

Hintzyboy
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Quite possibly the dumbest non-cotjones/civicsi thing I've ever seen posted on this forum. If this guy sells a $350+ component system for $150 based on one bad review, he is a complete idiot. Sure, George may have a slightly more valuable opinion, but other respectable people on this forum, including a mod or two (Ngsm13 for sure) have highly recommended the Pro60s. This guy should in no way be compensated for being a retard who fails to do proper research.

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Quite possibly the dumbest non-cotjones/civicsi thing I've ever seen posted on this forum. If this guy sells a $350+ component system for $150 based on one bad review, he is a complete idiot. Sure, George may have a slightly more valuable opinion, but other respectable people on this forum, including a mod or two (Ngsm13 for sure) have highly recommended the Pro60s. This guy should in no way be compensated for being a retard who fails to do proper research.

I just hate to se someone get scammed.

donpisto
05-23-2007, 04:46 PM
they're not. the old pros (pro 6.5? i think they were called) were rated at 400w rms. the new pro60's are rated only at 125 watts. but they dont get loud at all at that volume. i researched for a long time before purchasing them and everyone i ever read about powered them with 250-350+ watts for the whole time they had them. i am running mine with ~300...no burning, no distortion, just nice and crisp loud music (only time i smelt burning was when i was running the ma audio amp that i THOUGHT was putting out more wattage than it was, and i drove it into clipping)

Ah, I gotcha. I haven't had a chance to hook up my Z6's to some real power. Ran them off my HU but was weak compared to my stock mids. Soon I'll be givin them a nice 200w or so each so hopefully I'll be satisfied, but I've talked to a Boston tech and he said he's got 390w running to his..not sure if I'd wanna be in that vehicle, lol.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:47 PM
people that i would take opinions from over most anyone

-squeak
-ngsm
-immacomputer (for schooling me on my ia 20.1 thread)
-typerbass
-mrray
-jmac
-moelester
-bamaboy

there. if you ever feel the need to research some more, just look at the **** they post (and there are others, im just saying the most recognizable ones)

Hintzyboy
05-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I just hate to se someone get scammed.

He didn't get scammed. Nobody took his money. Nobody took his product without paying the amount asked. He screwed himself out of money, because he failed to do proper research.

END OF STORY

Hintzyboy
05-23-2007, 04:49 PM
people that i would take opinions from over most anyone

-squeak
-ngsm
-immacomputer (for schooling me on my ia 20.1 thread)
-typerbass
-mrray
-jmac
-moelester
-bamaboy

there. if you ever feel the need to research some more, just look at the **** they post (and there are others, im just saying the most recognizable ones)

Unless Gism makes a post about designing ported boxes, lol.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:49 PM
He didn't get scammed. Nobody took his money. Nobody took his product without paying the amount asked. He screwed himself out of money, because he failed to do proper research.

END OF STORY

i dont see how anyone can interpret it differently hintzboy...it makes no sense to me. so now im a scammer whosaywho?

Hintzyboy
05-23-2007, 04:50 PM
i dont see how anyone can interpret it differently hintzboy...it makes no sense to me. so now im a scammer whosaywho?

This thread has officially invented a whole new kind of stupid.:graduate:

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Unless Gism makes a post about designing ported boxes, lol.

lol, it was a semi serious thread, that turned into a big joke. the people i named off are opinions that i would take very seriously. i must admit though, that they sure wouldnt be the end all of my research if im interested in a product though.

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 04:54 PM

I am certainly not prepared to say that. However, I would not be opposed to an official investigation of this whole sordid affair.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
I am certainly not prepared to say that. However, I would not be opposed to an official investigation of this whole sordid affair.

investigation? what the hell, some one get this guy off the soap box. are you a conspiracy theorist? you think i said they **** so i could get them off of whoever your talking about for cheap? jesus christ. what is going on these days :eyebrow:

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
i really, REALLY hope that is a joke

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

honestly, that turned out pretty good. thought you lost your mind for a second

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 05:07 PM
honestly, that turned out pretty good. thought you lost your mind for a second

Just thought I would have a little fun for a second. Glad you figured out the problem. It never made sense to me as I have never heard anyone complain about the Pro60's not being loud enough -- power hungry yes.

So now how do you like them compared to your old CDT Ef's?

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Just thought I would have a little fun for a second. Glad you figured out the problem. It never made sense to me as I have never heard anyone complain about the Pro60's not being loud enough -- power hungry yes.

So now how do you like them compared to your old CDT Ef's?

well when i saw you post that i should sell mine for $150 i knew either a) you lost your mind or b) it was a joke . a good one at that

anyways: the cdt's were good because they were a lot more efficient. however after having the bostons play the way they are suppose to play, i like the quite a bit more than the cdt's. louder, "fuller" sounding if that makes sense, and oddly despite what i have heard from others...image pretty good in the stock locations of my explorers doors.

edit: i should say though, bang for the buck for the average person buying a set of cdt's off of djdilliondon is a good investment

WhoSayWho?
05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
well when i saw you post that i should sell mine for $150 i knew either a) you lost your mind or b) it was a joke . a good one at that

anyways: the cdt's were good because they were a lot more efficient. however after having the bostons play the way they are suppose to play, i like the quite a bit more than the cdt's. louder, "fuller" sounding if that makes sense, and oddly despite what i have heard from others...image pretty good in the stock locations of my explorers doors.

edit: i should say though, bang for the buck for the average person buying a set of cdt's off of djdilliondon is a good investment

Yeah, I have been running the EF's for a couple of years now and I have never had any problems with them. To my ears they sound good for the money I spent. I just don't have much of an opportunity to compare thenm with other speakers -- except on soundboards -- which I hate doing.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I have been running the EF's for a couple of years now and I have never had any problems with them. To my ears they sound good for the money I spent. I just don't have much of an opportunity to compare thenm with other speakers -- except on soundboards -- which I hate doing.

between me and my friends we have bought around 4 sets of cdt ef's from djdilliodon :) **** good cheap speakers (price, not quality)

HCCA
05-23-2007, 06:58 PM
George!! You have an Explorer, too? What year? If it's a '02, or newer, I've got a few questions for ya.

IgnoreMe
05-23-2007, 07:05 PM
George!! You have an Explorer, too? What year? If it's a '02, or newer, I've got a few questions for ya.

yea. but its not a 02 or newer. its a 98 2 door sport.

HCCA
05-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Ah....gotcha. I was looking for someone who has done an install on a newer Explorer w/3rd row seats. I am planning to modify the system, but I have to wait on money for a sub, and amp. Gt 24 amp & SPG555 sub. Looking for room....

Hydrastas
05-23-2007, 07:16 PM
way to go george :crap:

White Ram
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
My Pro 60's are loud as fuuck!

djvi0lent
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
**** I want some Boston Pro's. You lucky bastards. BTW, I have 4guage on my 200W Orion amp for my highs. =o)

CJL
05-24-2007, 09:04 PM
link to the thread of the guy who sold his comps?

Hintzyboy
05-25-2007, 01:43 AM
link to the thread of the guy who sold his comps?

:read: