PDA

View Full Version : Budget Comps: CDT vs. PG

Master0fPuppets
05-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey, first post here.

I've been looking around this forum for a while and have narrowed my choices of comps down to these, basically based on greatest quality for the lowest price.

I've seen both of these recommended a lot but no one comparing the two.

CDT cl-60a or Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs

What do you recommend? Any others?

SaturnSC1
05-20-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm pretty sure the "Patriot Gold" you are referring to is Phoenix Gold haha, but it's ok. But, to give my personal opinion i'd say go with the Rsd's, because they are very good bang for the buck components and you'll enjoy the midbass. Most users will say don't get the CDT's unless you are getting the cl-61a series.

Master0fPuppets
05-20-2007, 12:42 AM
lol, edited. Anyway

The site I was looking to buy the 60a's from seemed to begiving away the 61a's to everyone on this board due to a short supply. I don;t know if this is still happening, but I was sort of counting on it.

Master0fPuppets
05-20-2007, 04:33 PM
the cdt's msrp at much more than the phoenix golds, are they much better?

Hoodlum007
05-20-2007, 04:47 PM
The CDT's are much better sound quality IMO and are purchased from an authorized dealer so it has a better warranty too.

Towncar
05-20-2007, 06:31 PM
The CDT's are much better sound quality IMO and are purchased from an authorized dealer so it has a better warranty too.

hmm

DejaWiz
05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Go with the RSD's.

xet
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Hopefully I am not thread jacking, and that this question might benefit you as well, but do you have any recommendations of where to buy the rsds? I've seen a few off ebay for $105 shipped or so. Any better deals or places near that same price that will give a good warranty?

DejaWiz
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM
From this Authorized Internet Retailer (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17540) for $129 shipped. ;)

djdilliodon
05-20-2007, 09:08 PM
if you have no way of hearing either one youll never know which one you will like best. Since they are about the same in price i say flip a coin :)

Master0fPuppets
05-20-2007, 11:29 PM
if you have no way of hearing either one youll never know which one you will like best. Since they are about the same in price i say flip a coin :)

Sadly there is nowhere around here to listen to good spekaers, only cirtcuit city and best buy. Therefore I must go solely on online opinion :lurk:

justlooking
05-21-2007, 01:20 AM
i always like the way the cdt's sounded alot better then the pg's ... then again it's total perfrence.

krisfnbz
05-21-2007, 03:43 AM
I have never heard the rsd;s but I will tell you that im only giving my CDT CL61as 120w per side and I freaking LOve them. For the $100 I spent, I am absolutely satisfied.

krisfnbz
05-21-2007, 03:44 AM
and I was one of those people who ordered the 60's and was upgraded to the 61a's for $100 shipped at woofersetc.com

SeaKid
05-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Go with the RSD's.

Do you own a pair? Ive seen you pumping them up in the past.

DejaWiz
05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Do you own a pair? Ive seen you pumping them up in the past.

Based on you PM'ing me and and my response, you know I don't own a set. As I state A LOT... they seem to be a very promising set based on reviews I've read and a great set for the money. And I'm certainly not the only person on this and other forums giving them a nod.

Read on:

http://www.soundbuggy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4280

http://phoenixphorum.com/the-best-sounding-stereo-i-have-ever-heard-vt978.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231678

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231678

If you don't think the RSd's are a good recommendation for the money, then what do you say, SeaKid? Give the OP some options from your list of good buys.

SeaKid
05-22-2007, 10:28 AM
If you don't think the RSd's are a good recommendation for the money, then what do you say, SeaKid? Give the OP some options from your list of good buys.

I don't have enough knowledge to give him a recomendation. I am in the same boat as him and that why I asked. I was either going to get the RSD's or some Boston SL60's.

Thanks though Deja, you have to be one of the most helpful people on this forum.

DejaWiz
05-22-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't have enough knowledge to give him a recomendation. I am in the same boat as him and that why I asked. I was either going to get the RSD's or some Boston SL60's.

Thanks though Deja, you have to be one of the most helpful people on this forum.

Well, I appreciate that, thank you.

Are you buying new? Those Boston's go for about $175ish.... if you could stretch your budget to about $230, have you considered the Rainbow SLC265's?

The Boston's are a nice set, though. I got to audition them a little while ago and they didn't flat out amaze me, but they certainly didn't disappoint. I'd chalk them up as a decent buy.

krisfnbz
05-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I want a pair of Rainbow 265's **** you money!!!

johnson
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I have the RSD but havent installed because im still working on deadening my doors. Ive got another layer for hte pass side and the whole driver side door to do. I dont think i'll be dissapointed for the price. A friend of mine just installed a set of Polk SR6500's with little deadening and there is no impact at all but he's happy because the sound is clear and tweeters arent harsh.

TerryMorgan
05-22-2007, 04:52 PM
lol, edited. Anyway

The site I was looking to buy the 60a's from seemed to begiving away the 61a's to everyone on this board due to a short supply. I don;t know if this is still happening, but I was sort of counting on it.

A friend of mine actually ordered a pair of those and they upgraded him as well, that was pretty tight. I've heard both sets though, honestly liked the CDTs better cause they had much more midbass.

SeaKid
05-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, I appreciate that, thank you.

Are you buying new? Those Boston's go for about $175ish.... if you could stretch your budget to about $230, have you considered the Rainbow SLC265's?

The Boston's are a nice set, though. I got to audition them a little while ago and they didn't flat out amaze me, but they certainly didn't disappoint. I'd chalk them up as a decent buy.

This is going into my 4runner, I will be replacing some boston 4 inchers in the stock position so I am sure I will be happy with any 6.5". I am going to keep the whole front stage under $200. So far I have a Kenwood KAC-846 (50 shipped BNIB). The RSD's wil be next from onlinecarstereo.com thatll be $180 total, I might break my budget and get some deadner.

Stretching the budget hurts alot. I will go all out on my next project though...