PDA

View Full Version : Aeropoprt questions...

chris96camaro
05-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Is there a benefit to using aeroports over a slot port?

I will soon build a box for my BL that i just purchased. I know some people use aeroports for their boxes, but i dont know their reasons behind it.

I want to build a 3.0-3.5 cube @32hz box for daily listening purposes. Would I be better to use aero's or stick with a slot port.

I just want some information about aero's, because I know hardly anything about them.

chris96camaro
05-20-2007, 02:28 AM
bump.

Lakota
05-20-2007, 02:48 AM
A quick search would give you your answer. Has been discussed many times.

chris96camaro
05-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I cant find much useful information.

How many and what size aeroports would I need to use to achieve 32hz in a 3.5 cube box? Or can that only be determined after I have dimensions?

AVX Mike
05-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Find a good box building program and learn to use it. PNR (flared ports) can increase spl and lower port velocity (aka cuffing noise) I use them in daily boxes all the time. I think they sound better than slots, and they take a lot less time to install and tune if you need to change something.

chris96camaro
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Find a good box building program and learn to use it. PNR (flared ports) can increase spl and lower port velocity (aka cuffing noise) I use them in daily boxes all the time. I think they sound better than slots, and they take a lot less time to install and tune if you need to change something.

Do you know of a good program?