PDA

View Full Version : 07 Titan sealed enclosure design

flyfishfreak
05-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I am looking for a custom designed enclosure w/ intergrated amp rack. I would prefer the box to sit underneath the rear seats. The Titan is a King Cab, not a Crew cab (4dr). I know tech12volt makes a box, but I just want to brainstorm some other ideas, since this is a DIY project, well for the most part. I guess what I am mostly looking for is someone who has experience working with a Titans cg. I would also like to have some form of plexi cover for the amp space, as I am going to intergrate cooling fans.

Amp Rack

Needs to fit Three(3) amps @ L x W x H 6.3 x 9.6 x 2.5 (in).

Subwoofer

Depth 5.35"
Diameter flange 10.6"
Diameter cut out 9.45"

Znom 4 ohm
Re 1.7 ohm
Le 1.5 mH
fs 39.0 Hz
Qms 6.79
Qes 0.47
Qts 0.44
Mms 121.1 g
Cms 0.14 mm/N
Sd 333 cm2
BL 10.4 N/A
Vas 23.6 ltrs
Xmax 12.5 mm peak
Voice Coil 51 mm
Sensitivity
2.83V / 1m 92.2 dB
Power (IEC) 200 W
Magnet weight 2.4 kg

Thanks

azbass
05-16-2007, 10:59 PM
what i would do is, make a box the whole length of the rear seat, (to fit under)
have the woofer firing upside down to the floor, on the passenger side

then have the amps sitting flushed into the box side by side in the middle. so all you would see is the amps.

flyfishfreak
05-17-2007, 03:05 AM
what i would do is, make a box the whole length of the rear seat, (to fit under)
have the woofer firing upside down to the floor, on the passenger side

then have the amps sitting flushed into the box side by side in the middle. so all you would see is the amps.

Hmm, would this affect Cg? Also, I am an SQ guy and I wonder if having the sub firing towards the floor could cause potential problems?

WulfComp
05-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Well if your doing a single 10, I would up fire, (played around with it in my titan) you could do one amp facing the front of the truck, and the other two on the top of the rack. I could come up with some other designs, it would help to know if you plan on doing the seat lift or not. If not you have about 21"L(on each side of the hump), 9"FH, 7"BH, 12"D IIRC. As far as cg, you will notice more spl on the driver side than the passenger. So far with the 3 different subs I've had, its been a pretty noticeable difference. Anyway, I'd be happy to try and draw something up for ya if you would like.

flyfishfreak
05-17-2007, 05:39 AM
Cool! As far as the seats go, I would like the seats to remain down (well stock). I know if i kept them up it would give me more space, but unfortunatley I shuttle clients and need the extra room. Shoot me a PM Wulf and we can talk more. Also, have you fooled around with your center console at all? i am thinking of intergrating one w/ a 8" driver.

Thanks

regal8r
05-17-2007, 05:56 AM
:word:

WulfComp
05-17-2007, 06:19 AM
not exactly what I meant by seat lift. there is a mod you can do that will raise the front portion of the rear seats up by about 1-2" just allowing more room, while still keeping the seats in a down and locked position. either way I think you still have plenty of room for everything. Which sub are you planning on running?

supa_c
05-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Talk to justintoxicated
He has a titan with some 10's in it, he can probably help you out.
He is also in so cal