PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 880

bltgooch
05-16-2007, 05:21 PM
I've heard rumors that the pre-outs aren't grounded correctly and you need to install a noise suppressor or ground them. Anyone else have this problem?

kaneo13
05-16-2007, 06:21 PM
I've heard rumors that the pre-outs aren't grounded correctly and you need to install a noise suppressor or ground them. Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't had any issues, but I am juts one man.

kaneo13
05-16-2007, 06:22 PM

I haven't had any issues, but I am just one man.

sdmtnbiker420
05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
the problem is most prevalent when using a 4 channel amp.... I had a slight whine noise but problem was solved with PAC ground loop isolator...

forms89
05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
no problems here:cool:

theCybe
05-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm not fully active, but no issues on the sub channel

Brad H.
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
No problems here.

chucku
05-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I read the problem is with a micro fuse. If you play around with the rca cables while the unit is on it can blow the fuse. I had a unit that had the whine, I sent it back and the unit didnt have rear rca output. I sent it back again and got a good one. I love this HU. I hope I dont have anymore problems. You really shouldnt have to ground the rca cables, there is probabily something else to blame if your getting noise throug them. Most times its not the rcas to blame. A search will yield tons of info on this subject.

bltgooch
05-17-2007, 02:23 PM
So when I get the hu is installed tuesday (floor model in near mint condition) How do you suggest that I should go about testing this phenomena for a sub channel pre-out? I haven't had engine whine in a car stereo since my first setup (I was 16 with audio bahn 2x10" bandpass - 50 dollar clarion deck and crunch amp :laugh: ). I don't have components to test it yet as I am just getting started on this car. If the problem exists should just send the hu back as it will still have a 2 year warranty or should I just use an isolator in your opinion? Also I am pretty sure I am going to ask them how they set my gains as well and then go home and set them myself or at the very least double check them as I have access to a $500 multimeter.

Babs
05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I've read the bit about the internal micro-fuse before.. If memory serves correctly, once it's blown it can only be replaced on the bench by a service tech.. and also some posts saying it was a good idea to ground the chassis, which shouldn't be too difficult. If it's a matter of not messing with the RCA's while the unit is powered.. No problems there.. just disconnect the battery/power before you do anything with the pre-outs at the unit or the amp. Probably not a bad idea anyway.

Other than that I hear it's a great SQ unit, which is surprising for it's price.. and they're EVERYWHERE to be purchased, authorized or non..

Though I think all premier products are only authorized through purchase by a brick and mortar dealers. So unless I'm wrong, any web dealer would be a non-authorized purchase. Which just pertains to warranty I suppose.

Thieroff
05-17-2007, 05:55 PM
No problems here

CT