PDA

View Full Version : Boston Acoustics Pro60 6.5 tweeter placement

wildboys
05-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I just pick up some Boston Acoustics Pro60 6.5 comps.The tweeters are connected to the mids.Should i leave them there or put them on my dash?I heard you should live them as close as possible to the mids.Any suggestions?

HCCA
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Leave them in the coaxil configuration, and get the Imaging System. It's tweeter frequency range allows you to put the I/S tweeters up higher to pull up the sound stage, without blurring the imaging.

chucku
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I moved the tweets off the mid and put them in the factory location, about 5'' higher and 3-4'' forward. No real reason, just wanted to fill the stock locations. The dash might be too high though, I dont know for shure, but you can try different areas and find what sounds best. Im curious to find out about this imaging system the previous poster talked about? A little more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

Tonyguy
05-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I hear the imaging systems worked wonders. A friend of mine actually heard Boston's Demo GTO with the Pro's and the IS and he said it was like the guy was on the hood singing to him.

IgnoreMe
05-16-2007, 07:52 PM
hmmm. is it on the website? if so you know how much it costs? sound VERY interesting

IgnoreMe
05-16-2007, 07:59 PM
from what i can tell from the website is that the imaging system is nothing more than 2 extra m2 tweeters and two extra xovers? im assuming xovered the at the same frequencies as well? and how the hell do you wire it up? AGAIN im assuming it comes with a little bridge connector like the pro 60's do to connect the three xovers together or do you need a seperate amp?

HCCA
05-16-2007, 08:20 PM
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=14&family_id=83&product_id=324
The driver is nominal 8ohm. It can be switched to either SPL mode (same crossover point as the Pro 60 drivers.) Or, it can be set for imaging mode (crossed over at 8Khz). It is dockable with the Pro 60 passive crossover set, or it can be powered seperatly.

IgnoreMe
05-16-2007, 08:26 PM
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=14&family_id=83&product_id=324
The driver is nominal 8ohm. It can be switched to either SPL mode (same crossover point as the Pro 60 drivers.) Or, it can be set for imaging mode (crossed over at 8Khz). It is dockable with the Pro 60 passive crossover set, or it can be powered seperatly.

cool. read the full data sheet on on them on the site. sound pretty sweet. you know the price on these guys? i looked on crutchfield which is the only real authorized on line dealer they showed but i didnt even see them on there. gonna try ebay now unless you guys see an authorized dealer that has them online.

HCCA
05-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I was tempted to buy a pair on Ebay, where they retailed for $120/ pair. I have not seen them in a while, but I'm sure they are out there. I am still looking for other items to get my system going. I'll worry about them after I have the power supply upgraded.

wildboys
05-17-2007, 04:03 AM
[QUOTE=wildboys;3046780]I just pick up some Boston Acoustics Pro60 6.5 comps.The tweeters are connected to the mids.Should i leave them there or put them on my dash?I heard you should live them as close as possible to the mids.Any suggestions?[/QUOTE/
would in the sail panels adjacent to the outside rearviews be a good place to put the tweets or is that too far away from the mids in the door.

HCCA
05-18-2007, 01:00 AM
George, try www.woofersetc.com. They are a little higher in price, but you can buy them there.

IgnoreMe
05-18-2007, 01:21 PM
George, try www.woofersetc.com. They are a little higher in price, but you can buy them there.

thanks bro.

00poop6x
05-19-2007, 04:08 AM
authorized dealer that has them online.

Just a reminder, no warranty no matter what anyone says unless it's from Crutchfield which is the only online authorized dealer. I know.

The imaging system does work well, though.:nerd: