PDA

View Full Version : $10-15 For A Box..Who Can Help Me Out

bkjt05
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey sorry for posting another thread, but after only offering $4 for a box design, i got flammed for being cheap. Im new to this forum and car audio in general so idk whats worth what? I got $4 in my paypay now, ill give that plus another $10+ for a good box design and maybe some directions on easy methods to build or supplys needed. PLEASE AND THANKS

Hey guys, in the last month ive got hooked on car audio, ive dont subwoofer installs before, but now im taking the challenge of front components, rear fillers, subs, and 2 amps to power everything. Anyways I drive a 2002 mazda protege 5 hatchback and id like to keep as much space as possible in the hatch, id like a box that is long and thin(depth wise). I took some measurements and this is the space i got to use. 39" length 10-11"(or smaller) depth and 17" height. The box will be holding 2 10" JBL GTO's, here is the link for all the specs.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-srx9EpG...109GT1004D#Tab

I really dont know if i want or need ported or what hertz im looking for, but im hoping one of you can help me out. The subs will be powered by a kicker zx700.5 channel amp giving them about 450-500 watts rms for the pair.
Anyways Tell me what you think, and hopefully someone can put something together for me.

THANKS ALOT
>Brandon

bjfish11
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
email chris@fishercustoms.com (or pm IonSQL here on the boards)
He will be able to help you out, and he will save you a little money as well.

bkjt05
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
email chris@fishercustoms.com (or pm IonSQL here on the boards)
He will be able to help you out, and he will save you a little money as well.

thanks alot.

Ku-sama
05-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I'll do it for free... I need to learn about how to design a good box anyways.

oglejust
05-16-2007, 12:34 AM
**** i have a google sketchup for u but idk how to load it... photobucket wont take it bc its a .skp file

Ku-sama
05-16-2007, 12:37 AM
print screen...

bkjt05
05-16-2007, 12:44 AM
print screen...

email it to me at BizzyBmoney@cox.net

thanks

fwb_1234
05-16-2007, 01:20 AM
go to export then export as 2D, select jpg then you can photobucket it.

bkjt05
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
im interested in seeing what you all come up with, but i think im going to have fishercustoms do the work for me, they seem like they have the services im looking for!

60ndown
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey sorry for posting another thread, but after only offering $4 for a box design, i got flammed for being cheap. Im new to this forum and car audio in general so idk whats worth what? I got $4 in my paypay now, ill give that plus another $10+ for a good box design and maybe some directions on easy methods to build or supplys needed. PLEASE AND THANKS

Hey guys, in the last month ive got hooked on car audio, ive dont subwoofer installs before, but now im taking the challenge of front components, rear fillers, subs, and 2 amps to power everything. Anyways I drive a 2002 mazda protege 5 hatchback and id like to keep as much space as possible in the hatch, id like a box that is long and thin(depth wise). I took some measurements and this is the space i got to use. 39" length 10-11"(or smaller) depth and 17" height. The box will be holding 2 10" JBL GTO's, here is the link for all the specs.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-srx9EpG...109GT1004D#Tab

I really dont know if i want or need ported or what hertz im looking for, but im hoping one of you can help me out. The subs will be powered by a kicker zx700.5 channel amp giving them about 450-500 watts rms for the pair.
Anyways Tell me what you think, and hopefully someone can put something together for me.

THANKS ALOT
>Brandon

500 watts is ok for 2 10" subs but not alot, you will want to use a ported box to get the extra volume, sealed will require more power than you have.

in a hatch back with 2 x 10" jbls and a WELL DESIGNED ported box you will have excellent bass and get plenty loud.

ported boxes are bigger so you will give up some space or go sealed =smaller box but less volume.

your call

do you have enuf woodworking skillz to build your own box?

bkjt05
05-16-2007, 04:07 PM
500 watts is ok for 2 10" subs but not alot, you will want to use a ported box to get the extra volume, sealed will require more power than you have.

in a hatch back with 2 x 10" jbls and a WELL DESIGNED ported box you will have excellent bass and get plenty loud.

ported boxes are bigger so you will give up some space or go sealed =smaller box but less volume.

your call

do you have enuf woodworking skillz to build your own box?

i would say no i dont have the skills, actually i have the skills, but not the patience or tools.

i think im going to have fishercustoms either cut the sheets for me and ill build it or have them build the whole thing.

oglejust
05-16-2007, 08:38 PM
heres a sealed box

PV Audio
05-17-2007, 06:19 PM
^^What the **** is that supposed to be? If you're trying to be funny, it isn't working.

PV Audio
05-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I'll do it for free... I need to learn about how to design a good box anyways.Free or not, I highly doubt someone wants you designing their enclosure when you don't know how.

oglejust
05-17-2007, 06:23 PM
^^What the **** is that supposed to be? If you're trying to be funny, it isn't working.

hey homo it was a simple design that will work with the space he has.

jadon087
05-17-2007, 06:26 PM

lol

PV Audio
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
hey homo it was a simple design that will work with the space he has.Hey ****head, there's two problems. One, no one can see what the **** the dimensions are, and last time I checked, Lowes doesn't sell MDF in 0" thickness.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Since when do buyers set the price for designs?

Pyro_By_Nature
05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey ****head, there's two problems. One, no one can see what the **** the dimensions are, and last time I checked, Lowes doesn't sell MDF in 0" thickness.

Don't mind him, he's just a moron that thinks he can make money off of box designs.

Someone gave specs. before and he "called dibs" then linked the person to a subwoofer tools page..........what a ****ing *******.

PV Audio
05-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Mm, thanks for the heads up :emb:

PV Audio
05-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Since when do buyers set the price for designs?They don't.