View Full Version : Box measurments/design help

05-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey. This weekend, or hopefully by next weekend I will start my box build.

This box is for a single 15" type r

I am looking for a

2.25 cu. ft. sealed box.

2.75 cu. ft. ported box..tuned at about 38hz.

Never built a box before and Im really not sure how to figure out the whole 'displacement' thing, so help on that would be great

I need help with the measurements needed for the cuts on this wood. I'm buying the wood form Lowe's or Home Depot and they will be making the cuts there, so I gotta give em the dimensions to cut. I will be using 3/4 " MDF.

Also, any input on which box would be best for me. I would like more SQ, but I know that its a type r and SQ is not exactly what they're made for. I don't need the sub to be ridiculously loud either. Ive never heard a sealed setup, can they still hit some lows and sound good?

Thanks and ALL help is appreciated.

05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
all help appreciated!

05-16-2007, 07:06 PM
the papers that came with the sub should have the displacment on there

Mr Bojangles
05-16-2007, 07:10 PM
avoid getting wood cut at lowes or home depot bro. I've never had good luck getting wood cut at both of those places.. If you have a friend with a table saw or one of your own i'd highly recommend doing that. And do the ported box. You'll get more sound in that Cherokee firing it toward the hatch.

05-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I bought the sub used so no papers with it. Alright i might be able to use a freinds saw, not worth the risk i guess.

Also, the subs are going into a grand am, not the cherokee :( Good eye though