PDA

View Full Version : Box measurments/design help

JeepCreepin96
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey. This weekend, or hopefully by next weekend I will start my box build.

This box is for a single 15" type r

I am looking for a

2.25 cu. ft. sealed box.
or

2.75 cu. ft. ported box..tuned at about 38hz.

Never built a box before and Im really not sure how to figure out the whole 'displacement' thing, so help on that would be great

I need help with the measurements needed for the cuts on this wood. I'm buying the wood form Lowe's or Home Depot and they will be making the cuts there, so I gotta give em the dimensions to cut. I will be using 3/4 " MDF.

Also, any input on which box would be best for me. I would like more SQ, but I know that its a type r and SQ is not exactly what they're made for. I don't need the sub to be ridiculously loud either. Ive never heard a sealed setup, can they still hit some lows and sound good?

Thanks and ALL help is appreciated.

JeepCreepin96
05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
all help appreciated!

CRAZYCORNUTS18
05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
the papers that came with the sub should have the displacment on there

Mr Bojangles
05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
avoid getting wood cut at lowes or home depot bro. I've never had good luck getting wood cut at both of those places.. If you have a friend with a table saw or one of your own i'd highly recommend doing that. And do the ported box. You'll get more sound in that Cherokee firing it toward the hatch.

JeepCreepin96
05-16-2007, 11:01 PM
I bought the sub used so no papers with it. Alright i might be able to use a freinds saw, not worth the risk i guess.

Also, the subs are going into a grand am, not the cherokee :( Good eye though