PDA

View Full Version : Frontstage help

Darren5531
05-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I am currently trying to plan out a new front stage for my 2000 Altima. I was planing to go active with either a eclipse 8053 or a pioneer 880prs depending on how cheap I am able to get either of them. Anyways now to hard decisions. I am on a very strict budget for all of this. Here are the 2 options I am debating back and forth.

Pair of DLS MS6 components going passive at first until I get a new hu then I will be going active with them.

Pair of Rainbow slx 265 euro components probably going active or buying passives. Most likely go active since they are quite a bit cheaper.

I plan on having everything in the stock locations for now. Next month I will place the tweeters higher and more on axis. I haven't figured out what my plans for the mids are yet.

I plan on selling which ever set I buy this summer and going a more DIY route. If I am looking for sound quality(warm, clear, crisp highs) and I don't know if buying the MS6's is worth the extra $50 or so dollars. Any advice would be great.

Thanks for your time,

Darren

tigerf117
05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
If you are going to sell them this summer, why waste the money?

Darren5531
05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I am not 100% set on selling them. I will be driving my car a lot more this summer and I figure I will want to change things around to get more of a feel for what I like and don't like. I will probably be able to sell them for basically the same price I will pay for them.

DejaWiz
05-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Couple of question so we can hopefully help you out better:

1. What kind of music do you primarily listen to?

2. What is your max cost cap for each of the following?
Your TOTAL project budget broken down like so:
-a.) HU
-b.) Front Comps
-c.) Active Crossover
-d.) Wiring, Hardware, misc install costs

3. Are you planning a sub+amp sometime?

nate2587
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
i got 2 sets for sale if your interested!\

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=234110

Darren5531
05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Couple of question so we can hopefully help you out better:

1. What kind of music do you primarily listen to?

2. What is your max cost cap for each of the following?
Your TOTAL project budget broken down like so:
-a.) HU
-b.) Front Comps
-c.) Active Crossover
-d.) Wiring, Hardware, misc install costs

3. Are you planning a sub+amp sometime?

Well I plan on getting a not 100% functional or damaged eclipse 8053 or Pioneer 880prs depending on which contacts me back+the lowest price. I want to spend around $100 on a front stage right now. I know very cheap and I was figuring on waiting until I had more and just go the DIY way but I want to know how more things sound in my car. Active processing via the headunit. Everything little I have covered besides maybe a 4 channel rca.

I mostly listen to either heavy rock or very musical rock such as shinedown, smile empty soul, saosin, crossfade etc. I also listen to some hip hop, rap, but less often then the others.

I have a rockford 225.2 bridged on a 15" tc9 in a sealed box. I will port it this summer if I don't end up downsizing to something smaller.

DejaWiz
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Well I plan on getting a not 100% functional or damaged eclipse 8053 or Pioneer 880prs depending on which contacts me back+the lowest price.

I want to spend around $100 on a front stage right now. I know very cheap and I was figuring on waiting until I had more and just go the DIY way but I want to know how more things sound in my car.

Active processing via the headunit.

Everything little I have covered besides maybe a 4 channel rca.

I mostly listen to either heavy rock or very musical rock such as shinedown, smile empty soul, saosin, crossfade etc. I also listen to some hip hop, rap, but less often then the others.

I have a rockford 225.2 bridged on a 15" tc9 in a sealed box. I will port it this summer if I don't end up downsizing to something smaller.

Here you go:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6735_Blaupunkt+Vc660.html

Use code "blaupunktspring" to get 10% off. Total shipped will be only $63 (formerly $179.99) from an authorized Blaupunkt dealer (http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/support_4.asp).

With 100+ Wpc RMS, they will perform great.

I would have recommended the PG RSd65cs set, but at ^ that price, the Blau's win.

Darren5531
05-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I am choosing between the DLS MS6's and the rainbow slx 265 euro. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might just end up buying both and selling which ever one I don't like(rainbows I'm guessing)

Igno
05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Here you go:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6735_Blaupunkt+Vc660.html

Use code "blaupunktspring" to get 10% off. Total shipped will be only $63 (formerly $179.99) from an authorized Blaupunkt dealer (http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/support_4.asp).

With 100+ Wpc RMS, they will perform great.

I would have recommended the PG RSd65cs set, but at ^ that price, the Blau's win.

how can you go wrong there:)

Darren5531
05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Well I'm assuming the ms6's are going to be better since they are comparable to the slcs from rainbow even though they loose they are still close. Thats how I could go wrong with that lol. I wish everything would jump down 110+ dollars

Igno
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Well I'm assuming the ms6's are going to be better since they are comparable to the slcs from rainbow even though they loose they are still close. Thats how I could go wrong with that lol. I wish everything would jump down 110+ dollars

I know there better just thought it was a good deal, I wish my DLS 6.2i's were in, but I am sure both would be good DLS wins a lot of SQ, and everyone loves a rainbow lol

DejaWiz
05-15-2007, 09:56 PM

The Blau's are $63 shipped. If you have an amp with that can feed them approprately, the midbass is pretty strong on them. $63 is cheap just to try out. You can easily make that money back here in the for sale subforum or on eBay. It's a win-win.