PDA

View Full Version : 3 Zone navigation unit?

trpltongue
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey all,

I'm getting a new expedition with a nice big double din opening and I want to add rear DVD and front Nav to it. What I'd like to be able to do is:

Simultaneously watch a dvd in back on headrest monitors but control it from the front (small kids), use navigation, and listen to a CD up front.

I'm having a hard time finding anything that can do this without having to take the nav disc in and out, which I definitely do NOT want to do.

I had been looking for double din solutions, but wouldn't mind going with 2 single din solutions if that will work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Russell

oxygen65
05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
eclipse mades a double din that you can watch movies on or listen to a cd while the navi disc is still in there, it has 2 slots

trpltongue
05-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Oxygen65,

That's the problem, I need to watch DVD's and listen to CD's while the Nav is going. I guess I need to find something with an external nav system and dual discs or a HDD system, but I'm having a hard time finding something like that.

Russell

saj21187
05-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I dont think your gonna find a hdd nav system with a seperate dvd and cd drive. Your best bet would be to go with something like the eclipse avn6610 and either add an external cd changer or use an ipod for your music.