PDA

View Full Version : The Future is NEAR?

Biker
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
So with my Kenwood HU, Sirius digital music and IPod adapter. I am completly CD_Less.

So when will we be able to save the Sirius digital music to the Ipod? Now that would be ****. Or put in a blank CD and burn the music playing to a CD inside the HU. OH yea , How about a Litescribe HU, Flip the CD over and burn the label. Or put a Video caera in the dome light and connect to the IPOd?

OK thats enough.

SethPhillips
05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
all i have HEARD is that the new cars are all going to be wireless... say that you hit the brake.... the computer will send a wireless signal to the brake lights and BAM they light up...

this is what i have hurd from word of mouth.. so im not sure.... seams possible!!???

but im sure there will be some stuff in the future that will do what you just mentiond....

NYR36
05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the quality worse?
My brother has XM and when we were listening to it, it sounded like crap.

I'll take CDs and the Ipod over satellite radio.

konechiwa
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
uh...they have 8, 16 and 32GB flash card now. Granted they are expensive (but if you get an ipod and sirius, ipod and sirius hookup and sirius subscription, you have some extra cash)

then put very high quality mp3's like 320kbps on the flash drive.

Problem solved.

the727kid
05-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I think I can do that with my Cd5000 on the memory stick

sdmtnbiker420
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
I have a Sirius Sportster 4 in my Infiniti and it automatically records everything I listen to, up to an hour. It erases and starts re-recording whenever I change a channel however.

It sounds great though.

donpisto
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Its crazy hour memory sticks have so much capacity. My old Gateway PC from 1994 had a weak *** hard drive and it was upgraded when we bought it to 2.5 GB. It was the **** back then, it was even a Pentium PRO....too bad now you can get a 2 GB memory card for like 30 bucks.

Biker
05-15-2007, 12:07 AM
I have the Sirius Digital CD quality package which costs $2.99 extra per month. I cannot tell the difference in quality between CD, IPod or Sirius.

Unless I drive under a bridge or tree ........

j3bus2k3
05-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Eclipse Music Juke does the same thing your looking for...

jmanpc
05-15-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah i remember the hard drive on our second cimpouter was 1.14 gb. my phone has half that now.

2wheeler
05-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I have the Sirius Digital CD quality package which costs $2.99 extra per month. I cannot tell the difference in quality between CD, IPod or Sirius.

Unless I drive under a bridge or tree ........

I looked on the sirius site yesterday and couldn't find anything about the upgrade you speak of. How did you find out about it?

iamamp3pimp
05-15-2007, 10:29 AM
all i have HEARD is that the new cars are all going to be wireless... say that you hit the brake.... the computer will send a wireless signal to the brake lights and BAM they light up...

this is what i have hurd from word of mouth.. so im not sure.... seams possible!!???

but im sure there will be some stuff in the future that will do what you just mentiond....

what about intrerfwerence?

sounds impossible, kinda like you made that up!
lol

Biker
05-16-2007, 12:25 AM
After instalation and you turn on your HU it updates the channels, Goes to the DEMO channel 184 and asks you to call there 1-888 number to activate your tuner using the internal ESN number. The lady offered me a years service for $89.95 but then asked if I wanted CD quality music for $2.99 per month and I said, WILL Thats the whole point isn't it?

Biker