PDA

View Full Version : sscs 6 vs. ssx 615

Headbanger
05-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd like to buy the sscs 6s but don't really want to cut into my truck if I don't have to. How much better do the sscs 6s sound over the ssx 615s?

Gary S
05-14-2007, 12:18 AM
The comp set is much better than the coax... they don't skimp on parts for the crossover, and on the coax, the tweeter/tweeter bridge in front of the speaker will produce frequency response errors.

Headbanger
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
You probably already know this but the ssx isn't really a coax. It's a component set with the tweeter mounted right in front of the mid. It still costs considerably less than the "real" comps though so I would assume this wouldn't change your opinion any. Thanks.

Gary S
05-14-2007, 01:44 PM
You probably already know this but the ssx isn't really a coax. It's a component set with the tweeter mounted right in front of the mid. .

- We call that a coax. I realize it has an in-line crossover, but it is not as sophisticated as the crossover on the comp set. It's really worth the money for the comp set.

Headbanger
05-14-2007, 02:04 PM
The comp set it is then. Now I just gotta figure out where to buy some...

ChedNompton
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
http://store.realmofexcursion.com/ Good luck with those, I've heard nothing but good reviews.

XanderMoser
05-15-2007, 01:31 AM
- We call that a coax. I realize it has an in-line crossover, but it is not as sophisticated as the crossover on the comp set. It's really worth the money for the comp set.

I always thought it was called a braxial. But you're right, comp will sound much better because of the improved crossover.