PDA

View Full Version : Question about blown? Rainbow

chibahawk
05-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Okay I had my gains set good for my Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks they wound up seeing I think 90 it was. They worked great for a few months but just recently had a problem..

The rightside woofer started acting up - it would only sound normal on low volumes, if turned up then it would make a flat thump or clap on heavy bass notes. They were crossed at 80hz and then if i moved that up to like 125hz they sounded fine unless I turned them way up high in which case I would get the flat thump sound again.

My questions how do I know if it's blown or if it's just a problem with the magnet and cone possibly separated or something? How can I check if it's blown and then how exactly do I get this fixed?

---Also I switched the woofer to the left side to isolate the problem, it's definitely the driver itself.

I've been in touch with Don who I bought them off as well but still awaiting a reply from him regarding getting these fixed ASAP.

chibahawk
05-14-2007, 06:03 PM
bumping this

DejaWiz
05-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Seems from your description of the problem a mid blew. Wait and see what Don says.. he's a good guy and will come up with a solution.