PDA

View Full Version : Remote window control?

Firetruck
05-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Can anyone help me, I'm looking for something that will let me control my windows from a remote while my car is off

So my door is all ****ed up, and it won't open/close properly (frame is bent) so i'm looking for something that will roll my windows up after I climb out of them.

So basically it'll be....Roll down my window using the console, turn off my car, hop out thorugh the window, and then roll my window up. Same thing getting in

Anyone know how to get this? And how hard would it be to install?

I know sometimes you can get remote window control w/ a security system, but I don't know how to install security systems.

Thanks!

mtlhead
05-13-2007, 02:12 PM
try buying a keyless entry brain/ remote and hook it up to the windows instead of the door locks

THUNDERBIRD
05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
what year make and model of car? dei sells them you want the 530t

Firetruck
05-13-2007, 07:58 PM
2003 Suzuki grand vitara

I looked briefly at the 530t, don't you need to use it w/ a security system? I don't have one, and I don't really wanna get one ( no money or clue how to instal)

azbass
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
pretty much what mtlhead said, it would be easy to get a cheep keyless system, and hook it to the power window wires.

Firetruck
05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
can anyone suggest a keyless system? I don't know much about wireing either, all I know is how to swap doors and where electornics go in them

THUNDERBIRD
05-17-2007, 05:21 PM
probly any one off of ebay will work as you dont want to spend alot of money. then give it a 12v and a negative and hook the lock up too the roll up side and the unlock to the roll down side of the switch have to test them with a dmm to figure out the polarity.