PDA

View Full Version : Will this be OK?

thepope3290
05-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I got a set of 6.5 components for my 6x8 stock speaker openings. To make them fit, I took out the stock speakers, ripped off the plastic cover on the speaker, screwed the component onto the factory speaker cover (fit perfectly inside it), and then put the new speaker in, didn't even have to use a speaker adapter...Does it sound like that would be fine? Or will the factory speaker cover mess up the sound?

bass_lover1
05-13-2007, 05:00 PM
I got a set of 6.5 components for my 6x8 stock speaker openings. To make them fit, I took out the stock speakers, ripped off the plastic cover on the speaker, screwed the component onto the factory speaker cover (fit perfectly inside it), and then put the new speaker in, didn't even have to use a speaker adapter...Does it sound like that would be fine? Or will the factory speaker cover mess up the sound?

I'd personally take out anything factory, and use MDF as an adapter. The MDF can support mass better than plastic will, and it also helps to decouple the speaker from the door panel, which will help reduce resonations through the door.