PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs

hatemonger
05-12-2007, 08:36 PM
put 6 new bosch platinum 2's in my s-10. it hesitates fairly bad when i step on it. the spark plugs i took out were old ac-delco's. they are obviously old and worn when looking at them. i assume they were the original plugs from the manufacturer with 82000 miles on them. i took the bosch out and put the old plugs back in and the hesitation dissappears. WTF!? i was told bosch had a stronger, hotter spark than anything else. makes no sense to me.

Silver
05-12-2007, 08:44 PM
bosh plugs ****.

go with delco's

hatemonger
05-12-2007, 08:51 PM
bosh plugs ****.

go with delco's

seems you're right. i'll probably go with the good old fashioned single pole and gap 'em right. i'm pretty sure gm does all delco from the factory, so i guess i'll buy 6 new delco's. all the hype about quad and double pole plugs seems like wishful thinking.

mike dressure
05-12-2007, 08:53 PM
are they gapped properly

hatemonger
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
are they gapped properly

the platinum 2's don't get gapped.

sentra95
05-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Somewhere on the Bosch spark plug box it says that if your not satisfied with Bosch spark plugs they will refund your money.

Bosch spark plugs and Chevy dont mix.

mike dressure
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
the platinum 2's don't get gapped.

ahhh i did not know this

Coolwazabi
05-13-2007, 02:09 AM
sounds like your new plugs are too hot and is burning the fuel too fast...

hatemonger
05-13-2007, 02:10 AM
sounds like your new plugs are too hot and is burning the fuel too fast...

didn't know that was possible.

Coolwazabi
05-13-2007, 02:12 AM
yeah... take the old plugs to the autozone place or whatever and see if he has the same kind or same heat....

hatemonger
05-13-2007, 02:15 AM
yeah... take the old plugs to the autozone place or whatever and see if he has the same kind or same heat....

they do. they are just the good ole ac delco's. i guess gm puts them in for a reason.

Coolwazabi
05-13-2007, 02:22 AM
you sure your setting the wires right and nothing putting the plugs in too tight ?

hatemonger
05-13-2007, 02:25 AM
you sure your setting the wires right and nothing putting the plugs in too tight ?

yeah. i even put the old ones back in. it ran better with 80,000 mile plugs.

Coolwazabi
05-13-2007, 02:30 AM
well... put the plugs in... and let ur car idle like 10 min. "if it lasts that long"

its the plug is wet.. then you know its rich and if its dry then it would die before 10 min.

hatemonger
05-13-2007, 02:31 AM
well... put the plugs in... and let ur car idle like 10 min. "if it lasts that long"

its the plug is wet.. then you know its rich and if its dry then it would die before 10 min.

i'll try it.

Lunchbocks
05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I've heard nothing but bad reviews on Bosch plugs from friends, teachers, etc. As far as the theory behind the whole multiple ground electrode... think about it, the path of spark can only ground to one path of least resistance. Upon taking that path, the same path will likely be repeated as it has already received grounding spark once. Rock the Delco's, its OEM equipment you can't go wrong with.

Ignatowski
05-15-2007, 03:48 AM
multiple electrode plugs are junk...........hence why they are NEVER used in any form of motorsports
Bosch standard platniums are good ,I also use NGKs

supa_c
05-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Needs some denso iridiums up in this mo fo.
If you can afford the pricetag...:crap:

Blunt
05-15-2007, 04:19 AM
ngk's

atoz350
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Denso Iridiums are the ****!

justlooking
05-17-2007, 05:26 AM
just my 2 cents so take it with a grain of salt. i never did like anything other then coper plugs. reason for this is that the metal is to soft and becomes warn too fast. iridiums are number one plugs that melt, especally if the middle of the spark plug is a small iridiums metal with what looks like to be ceramic around it (some ngk's) . what happens in most of my cars is the iridium metal in the middle melts off and get's kind of sunken in the cermac thus not creating a big enoughf spark for the gas to combust. on the other hand, standard coper core plugs tend to last longer then the iridiums and is a lot cheaper, but the bad thing about it is that the spark only travels from one metal to the next consistantly wearing out the coper. imagine heating up two metals using an electrict ark and makeing sure the ark hits the same spot everytime. the ark starts off bright and then starts to fade slowly. the reason ifor this is that the metal is coming hot and cold so often that layers of layers of micro metal is being chared and the ark has to past this layer to hit the metal. this is a common issue with standard spark plugs. so what's the solution to this. i found out that there is such a plug that you can use that has multi ground and lasts a long time. it's the only plug i buy for my cars, new and used. the only thing about this plug is it makes your timeing a little advance and your car will eat a little more gas then usual. but the performance increse is worth every penny. the site is http://www.haloplug.com i remember my local dealer said something like they got bought out or something and had a new site. but i think this site still works. anyways have fun trying to find some good spark plugs.

ps iridium plugs last only about 1000 miles before i feel performance lag
coper plugs last about 5000 miles before i feel performance lag
halo plugs is still lasting in my car w/o any performance lag and it's been over a year but can't tell you how many miles cause my odo is broken :D

sorry so long and thanks for reading :D

slick rick
05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
NGK Plats own Bosch anything

mtlhead
05-17-2007, 11:42 AM
im surprised noone has said this yet:

butt plugs?