PDA

View Full Version : wiring a Kicker L5

aaron7114
05-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Alright on the L5 it of course has two positives and two negatives. Now there is a dot on one positive and one negative. I guess showing the ones with dots as one voice coil, and the ones without dots the other voice coil. When wiring Parallel / Parallel I know I have a wire connecting the two positives together and then another wire connecting the two negatives together. Now when running the positive and negative wire out of the sub to the amp do I run the positive and negative out of the same voice coil? or the positive out of one voice coil then the negative out of the other voice coil?

aaron7114
05-12-2007, 08:08 AM
anyone?

bassnatzii
05-12-2007, 11:04 AM
not sure what year l5 you have, or what voice coil config also

so your best bet would be to go to www.kicker.com to find out more info on it

Lakota
05-12-2007, 12:03 PM
For parallel wiring bridge the two + coils together, then bridge the two - coils together. Now run your + to the amp from one coil and your - to the amp from the other coil.

blackbonnie
05-12-2007, 12:17 PM
here you go > http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

aaron7114
05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
For parallel wiring bridge the two + coils together, then bridge the two - coils together. Now run your + to the amp from one coil and your - to the amp from the other coil.

Alright so the positive that goes to the amp comes from one voice coil and the negative that goes to the amp comes from the other voice coil right?

blackbonnie
05-12-2007, 12:36 PM
correct, just like in the pic

connersdad19
05-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Alright so the positive that goes to the amp comes from one voice coil and the negative that goes to the amp comes from the other voice coil right?

thats correct....the terminals with the dots on it...u want to run those to the amp....i have kicker subs and its the same thing....so do positive to positive and negative to negative then run ur speaker wire from the amp to the the positve and negative with the dots....and u will be good...

aaron7114
05-12-2007, 01:29 PM
thats correct....the terminals with the dots on it...u want to run those to the amp....i have kicker subs and its the same thing....so do positive to positive and negative to negative then run ur speaker wire from the amp to the the positve and negative with the dots....and u will be good...

I thought the ones with the dots signified one voice coil, and the ones without the dots signified the other voice coil.

blackbonnie
05-12-2007, 04:14 PM
yes it does, wire it exactly like the diagram i gave you. trust me just wire it like that, dont worry about anything else, look at the diagram, that is exactly how you wire it parrallel. dont worry about the ohms it has on it those dont mean anything in your case, that is just to show you how to wire it in parrallel for a dvc subwoofer

end thread

aaron7114
05-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Would there be a difference if I wired it like this:

Wire connecting the two positives together
Wire connecting the two negatives together
Positive wire coming out then into the amp
Negative wire coming out of the same voice coil into the amp

Because that is how I wired them because connersdad19 said to wire the ones with the dots to the amp.

blackbonnie
05-12-2007, 06:52 PM
you there should not be any difference, as long as both voice coils are getting the power, you should be fine. hook em up