PDA

View Full Version : What CD changers can be run by the DEH-P880PRS?

Minto Took
05-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I have a general question about the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS and CD/DVD changers. I was looking through the manual I got from Pioneer's website and it said the deck can control a separate changer along with play DVDs. My question is as follows:

Can I control Pioneer's 6-disc in-dash DVD changer from the P880PRS?

I have a Double-DIN opening and I think it would look really clean to have an in-dash changer mounted below the deck.

DejaWiz
05-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I have a general question about the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS and CD/DVD changers. I was looking through the manual I got from Pioneer's website and it said the deck can control a separate changer along with play DVDs. My question is as follows:

Can I control Pioneer's 6-disc in-dash DVD changer from the P880PRS?

I have a Double-DIN opening and I think it would look really clean to have an in-dash changer mounted below the deck.

If you are talking about the AVH-P6800DVD, no you can't. It's a complete stand alone HU. If you want a CD changer, check out the CDX-P1280.

Minto Took
05-12-2007, 02:44 AM
If you are talking about the AVH-P6800DVD, no you can't. It's a complete stand alone HU. If you want a CD changer, check out the CDX-P1280.

I'm referring to the XDV-P6.

DejaWiz
05-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Ah gotcha. My bad. It's IP-Bus controlled, so I would think it is compatible. But the P6 can be put into Stand Alone mode anyway to work with just about any HU. You're fine either way.