PDA

View Full Version : New SQ H/U

02TurboA4
05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Well let me start by saying I currently have the DRZ9255, but it is giving me some trouble. I've only had it about 9 months and just the other day it starting ejecting any CD I put in. I tried about 80 CDs and it ejected all of them, so I will be contacting Clarion to see what can be done to get it fixed. I still love the H/U and SQ wise it has been the best one I have owned.

Before this problem I was looking into getting a separate Nav unit, but know I think why not get a H/U that has it built in or ability to add on. So here is what I'm looking for and I'm not sure if I'll find what I want. Something with SQ as good or close to the 9255, Nav built in or ability to add, can be 2 din or single din flip out. I will also need an EQ/Processor.

So far I had a chance yesterday to look at the Alpine W205 and i'm not to impressed with the look of the screen, I didn't like the W200 when I looked at it a year ago either. I'm also not sure I would get a Pioneer again because with previous units i've had problems with the pre outs.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jon

Babs
05-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Sorry can't contribute, but I'll be watching this thread.. I feel your pain.. For pure music bliss, there's a huge gaping hole in the market. Your 9255 has few competitors besides the P9 pioneer unit and the F1 alpine.. I hope fixing your clarion is something simple.

However, I do have a friend building an SQ car with a w200 and h701 which should yeild a pretty good sounding setup.. though maybe a bit overkill with the A/V DVD stuff that he's not using.. Possibly for multi-channel audio though.. might sound nice.

Some combination with the nav features you mentioned with the h701 may be about all there is.

Towncar
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Pioneer d3 is a real nice unit.

02TurboA4
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Babs - Yeah I know theres a big gap in the market, I kind of went through this last year when i ended up getting the 9255. If the Alpine's screen/fonts looked better I'd probably go with the W205/H701 combo but i just can't get over the cheap looking screens/fonts.

Towncar - I had a chance to check out the Pioneer D3 this evening. First thoughts for the short time i spent with it was it looks great but the Nav was slow trying to enter info and change screens. I'm also not sure if pioneer fixed there pre out problems because i don't want to have that issue again. But for the money it looks like a great unit.

Does anyone have or used the Eclipse AVN6610 or Clarion MAX675VD?

Also any other recommendations for an EQ besides the H701? I plan on in the near future going to a 3-way front stage.

atoz350
05-10-2007, 09:20 PM
What about the Eclipse AVN 7000? It has all of the NAV features and also has the ability to go active with an added processor.

Zxcvtypo
05-10-2007, 09:35 PM
What about the Eclipse AVN 7000? It has all of the NAV features and also has the ability to go active with an added processor.

i second this, if i ever buy another unit with an incorporated screen, i'm definitely sticking with eclipse. didn't like my N3 too much

Babs
05-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Babs - Yeah I know theres a big gap in the market, I kind of went through this last year when i ended up getting the 9255. If the Alpine's screen/fonts looked better I'd probably go with the W205/H701 combo but i just can't get over the cheap looking screens/fonts.

Towncar - I had a chance to check out the Pioneer D3 this evening. First thoughts for the short time i spent with it was it looks great but the Nav was slow trying to enter info and change screens. I'm also not sure if pioneer fixed there pre out problems because i don't want to have that issue again. But for the money it looks like a great unit.

Does anyone have or used the Eclipse AVN6610 or Clarion MAX675VD?

Also any other recommendations for an EQ besides the H701? I plan on in the near future going to a 3-way front stage.

From an SQ standpoint, what makes the D3 a good unit? Those nav units, just from pioneer's page, don't appear to list anything exemplary in terms of audio.. just great nav features. :confused:

On EQ or other processing besides the 701, there is pioneer's version of the same thing called the DEQ-P8000. Pretty much like the 701 but don't know for sure what kind of DAC's it uses.

* 5.1-Channel Digital Audio Processor
* Built-in Dolby® Digital / DTS™ / Dolby® Pro Logic® II* / Linear PCM Decoder
* 24-bit 6-Channel DAC & 6-Channel DSP
* Digital Sound Control (6 modes)*
* Time Alignment & Speaker Set-up Mode
* 4.1-Channel Down Mixing
* Multi-Channel AUTO-EQ Setting (Mic Included)*
* Multi-Channel AUTO-Time Alignment (0 ~ 200inch)*
* MOSFET50 (50W x 5-Channel High Power)
* 6-channel Hi-Volt Preouts (Front L&R, Rear L&R, Center, Subwoofer) (5V)
* High-Pass Crossover (HPF): 63/80/100/125/160/200Hz
* Subwoofer Crossover (LPF): 63/80/100/125/160/200Hz, +/-10dB
* 3-Band, 3-Channel Parametric EQ (Center, Front, Rear) with 7 presets (5 fixed, 2 custom)
* Listening Position Selector
* Source Level Adjuster (SLA)
* 2 Optical Inputs (1 for DVD main units and 1 for DVD source players)
* IP-Bus Input/Output
* 1-Day Back-up Memory
* Optional Center Channel Speaker (TS-CX7) is available
* Optional Multi-Channel Controller (AXM-P8000) required for use with AVIC-Z1, AVIC-N3, AVIC-N2, AVIC-N1 and AVX-P8DVD

... Weak on crossover function if you want to go active for your front components. Clarion also I think has something similar.

Towncar
05-11-2007, 11:33 AM
^ The d3 has a decent eq, a bit small, but it can be a nice sounding unit. On a further note, he is planning on adding an external eq..