PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 comps in 4 doors or 3way frontstage and subs in Explorer

All-or-Nothing
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
So here is my Dilemma.

I have 4 pairs of CDT HD-62's and i was wondering if it would be better to put 2 6.5's and tweets in each door or 1 6.5 and tweet in each door or just go with a nice three way setup in front with 8" mids in the rear doors.

Any suggestions ?????

The truck is being set-up for shows so that's why i was going with all the comp sets. If going with less will actually sound better than i will go that route. If more can sound better than i will go that route.

Hintzyboy
05-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Sell them both and go with a dedicated 3-way setup plus subs. Definitely will sound better if done right and will look good. Might look into DIY components and an active setup as well if you have the time and patience to tune everything correctly.

All-or-Nothing
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
So will it be enough for rear seat passengers. I got all these TV's and the kids will ride in the back.

Also I have 4 CDT 10's and will the 3way set-up be able to keep up with them, providing I buy the right 3way set-up

Hintzyboy
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes to all. And for the kids, you can always get some wireless headsets for when they want to watch movies and such.

All-or-Nothing
05-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the help. Since I already have the CDT's would you suggest I use them and ad maybe some 8" midbass speakers to the mix.

Hintzyboy
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the help. Since I already have the CDT's would you suggest I use them and ad maybe some 8" midbass speakers to the mix.

if anything, I'd say get some 4" or 3" midranges and use the HD6s as a dedicated midbass. Personally I'd redo the whole thing.

All-or-Nothing
05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'm going to look into some better 3 ways also. I might just put all the CDT stuff in the wife's car.

Hintzyboy
05-10-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_83

Look into those babies. Rainbow also has a few nice 3-way sets. PM 6spdcoupe on here for help. I'm pretty sure he sells both of those brands (I know he sells Rainbow). He also sells Hertz and a few other companies, so he can be a great help if you're unsure of what you want.