PDA

View Full Version : Using stock head unit

Neostar63
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I realize that I can use a LOC to get the outputs that I need to run an amp and everything. As of right now I am satisfied with my stock headunit in my 05 silverado. I was wondering is there a way to create an input though? Say I wanted to create a car computer and needed an input. Would some sort of aftermarket IPOD adapter give me the input I need?

blackbonnie
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
maybe, most newer vehicles that i have seen have an auxilary button on the deck, that usually runs the cd player or changer or other feature, if there is not though you could run an fm modulator, not as great sound quality but it will work for you

Neostar63
05-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I dont have an aux button, but I have found some stuff on crutchfield that might work. Anybody used any of these before.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EZZbxmV7BuD/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=305250&I=541PXDPGMT

Abell255
05-11-2007, 02:18 AM
If that will connect to your vehicle's harness correctly, maybe. Obviously "for" the ipod, but looks like it's got the standard rca inputs on it as well. My guess is if it fits your hardness, it should work regardless of the output source.

Neostar63
05-11-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah i understand that much. I am just curious as to how that then becomes accessed through the user controls. Like how i hit source and it goes through xm, fm1, fm2, am, cd. Where would that device get accessed from.