PDA

View Full Version : Frontstage

uzy
05-08-2007, 11:47 AM
i was just wondering what makes speakers good for a frontstage. if you were to have 2 powerful 15" subs what would you want in your speakers so that they would be loud enough for you to hear over some real loud bass.

DejaWiz
05-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Speakers that can handle quite a bit of power and/or have a very high sensitivity.

99galant
05-08-2007, 03:57 PM
good set of speakers that have good performance at high volumes without losing their composure. A set of sony speakers can have a high sensitivity and handle good amount of power but it doesn't mean they will be good.

Also you'll really want to consider components and possibly a 3way setup if possible.

uzy
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
so with a set of comps getting powered by 75rms would this be at all a good front stage and im looking at some Mb quart as everyone says they have a harsh tweeter so im guessing its gona be loud aswell.

also i fair amount of people have said that alpine type S comps have a harsh tweeter and i have found that its not realy harsh at all in some songs its too low, so i guess i would be aright with the MB quart PCE comps