PDA

View Full Version : buying my comps today advice?

AndrewHilbert
05-08-2007, 09:24 AM
i am gettin my comps today from rainbow only thing is im confused on which set 2 get. its between the cmx kick and the cmx. i would say yes all the way for the kicks but my car being a 2000 suzuki grand vitara even with the factory 6.5 Paper coned speakers up front with the door closed and on middle volume my whole door outside and inside shakes really badly. and for anyone that has seen these cars they have it where the glass for my window makes it pretty much imposible to sound dedent lol. plus its not the fact of that its that the door thickness metal and all just isnt that much lol. so u guys think ill be fine with just the cmx>? or would i be missing out on alot of midbass? my sub will be a 18" re sx powered by sundown 1500 thanks in advance awaiting replays thansk!!!

kublkmax
05-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Get the kicks you wont regret the add midbass. Now what you need to do is invest in sound deadner even if you were only getting the cmx. Put it on the inner door that faces the outside of the car put it on the part that faces inside the car and put some on the door panel also do you hatch area really good and put some on the back of your plate.

Flipx99
05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I went with the kicks version. It is worth it.

AndrewHilbert
05-08-2007, 09:49 AM
k alot of peolpe are sayin the same thing thanks and would u say these comps rock the socks off of alpine type x cause those were what i had before? thanks

DejaWiz
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
They will be much more midbass aggressive than the Type X comps. If that's what you are wanting, you can't go wrong with the Kicks. :)

AndrewHilbert
05-08-2007, 09:56 AM
u dont think they will hit my speaker grill? its build in on my door panel ;( so i couldnt modify it if i wanted ;( but my stock ones dont hit it these dont have a huge movement area do they?

63mopar
05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I have the regular CMX and I am very pleased with the overall response. They blend very well with my single 12. The midbass is very tight clean and clear. I don't think you wuold be dissapointed either way.

ENDER_XVICM
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Go with the kicks man. I got the SLC 365s and after it was all installed and done I wished I had gone with the kicks. You can always tune it down a bit if it is overpowering.

tmoney
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
ive have the kicks and they sound so good!