PDA

View Full Version : Are ADS 346cs any good?

Torgus
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Are ADS 346cs any good? posting here for my friend. he doesn't have an account here yet. going in the doors of a 02 maxima powered with around 150wrms per side.
search didn't help much.
thanks in advance

Gary S
05-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Depends on the price... they are excellent, one of the best at around $250 wholesale - $400-$500 retail. A step up from that would be the new Precision Power 356CS, in the same price ranges I listed above. They are made by the same parent company, Directed, and have an updated cone and voice coil.

Other best bang for the buck speakers in the price range are Cerwin Vega V-Max 65, and Pioneer PRS.

Torgus
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
any other opinions?
for the ebay price he could get some decent focals(FOCAL 165V2 POLYGLASS 6.5" COMPONENT SET)...i wonder how they compare...

MiniVanMan
05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Two totally different animals the ADS and Focals. For the best solution he really needs to try and demo them.

If that's not an option, I'll try a little bit to explain each. The ADS with be much more "relaxed", with a tad bit more midbass capability (depending on install of course). The Focals scream. They are bright, detailed, and will blow you away with their sound. The downside, is after an hour or so, your ears are bleeding. The Focals are not as good for extended listening periods.

I owned the Polyglass set a while back and I really liked it. I've since moved on though. If your friend is new to car audio, and this is the first higher end install he's done, the Focals may be the answer.

If your friend kind of knows what he's listening to, and has opinions on what he likes, then the ADS is a better option.

Some others to look at are the Pioneer PRS720 set, or the Alpine SPX-177. There's a huge collective boner for the Pioneer set going on right now. It's for good reason. It's a very nice set, and doesn't break the bank. The Alpine set has one of the best crossovers out there. It's extremely flexible, and let's you dial in sound a lot better than any other set in that price range.