PDA

View Full Version : Best Bang for the buck

Mr Wiggl3s
05-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok so i get 2 5 1/4s, 2 6.5's 2 6x9's

Which brand is going to give me the best quality (+bass) for cheap?

DejaWiz
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
What exactly are you wanting to do?

Are you saying that you are wanting to get a pair of 5.25s, a pair of 6.5s, and a pair of 6x9s?

How will you be powering them?

NYR36
05-07-2007, 05:07 PM
just get 6.5s with the money you'd have spent on all 3.

Use the search to find the best 6.5s in your price range

///M5
05-08-2007, 11:16 AM
just get 6.5s with the money you'd have spent on all 3.

Most definitely the right answer!!

DejaWiz
05-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Most definitely the right answer!!

Agreed, but curiosity has gotten me so my initial question still stands....

Mr Wiggl3s
05-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Agreed, but curiosity has gotten me so my initial question still stands....

Ya, im wanting to get a pair of each, i just figured the more the better

My 5 1/4's right now don't even work

What should i search for?

And as for power, i could set up a 150-300 amp alt; im not looking to put in a amp right now

DejaWiz
05-14-2007, 09:34 AM
What is your overall budget for all these speakers and what kind of car?

konechiwa
05-14-2007, 05:29 PM
And as for power, i could set up a 150-300 amp alt; im not looking to put in a amp right now

How will that help your power? If your running it off the HU it will be a huge waste to get a new alternator...Unless you have a lot of accesories and electrical things in your car. its like turbocharging a Geo Metro...don't see a point.

x2, what is your price?

XanderMoser
05-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Ya, im wanting to get a pair of each, i just figured the more the better

My 5 1/4's right now don't even work

What should i search for?

Um...no. When it comes to speakers, more is not always better. In fact, in a car you want as simple as of install as possible to get optimal SQ. With all those speakers you'd be getting cancellation up the ying yang. Just go for a nice set of 6.5s. You'll be much happier. Are you looking for coaxial or component? And, again, what's your price range?

bass_lover1
05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Um...no. When it comes to speakers, more is not always better. In fact, in a car you want as simple as of install as possible to get optimal SQ. With all those speakers you'd be getting cancellation up the ying yang. Just go for a nice set of 6.5s. You'll be much happier. Are you looking for coaxial or component? And, again, what's your price range?

Not true, with the proper signal processing, and proper crossovers you can do what he wants, but it's still a waste IMO, and setting up a 3 way system up front isn't that easy.

It's hard for us to let you know what to look for, when you haven't said whether or not you want to run active, passive, if you want a 2 or 3 way front stage, coaxils? And you're crazy if you think you can run 3 sets of speakers off the HU and get a decent sound out of it.

DejaWiz
05-14-2007, 07:50 PM
It's hard for us to let you know what to look for, when you haven't said whether or not you want to run active, passive, if you want a 2 or 3 way front stage, coaxils? And you're crazy if you think you can run 3 sets of speakers off the HU and get a decent sound out of it.

Agreed. If you want a very decent sound system, focus on just getting the following for now:

Front Components
Front Amp
Sub(s)
Sub Amp