PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing 4" speakers?

sentipede
05-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello,
I am new to this forum and am looking for some professional advice.
I am in the processs of restoring my 65 Mustang and at the moment wish to keep is as factory looking as possible...plus I have blown my budget on other material.....

Anyhow, I purchased a reproduction AM/FM radio with Aux input that produces 200W to 4 channels. As for the speakers, they are mounted underneath the dash and with a bracket I have purchased that will allow for me to install two 4" speakers.

So the question is, with just two 4" speakers in the entire car, what is going to produce the loudest and best range of sound?

Thanks in advance!

http://askamira.com/65front.jpg

Racerx250
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I've got a pair of jbl grand touring series 4"s that sound pretty good. Had a pair of kenwood 4's but didn't really care for those at all. That's all i've heard as far as 4's.

///M5
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I'd fab up a different bracket and at least go to 6.5" drivers. 4" are pretty useless especially in a car that rumbles a bit.

Beautiful ride!

slim j
05-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Hello,
I am new to this forum and am looking for some professional advice.
I am in the processs of restoring my 65 Mustang and at the moment wish to keep is as factory looking as possible...plus I have blown my budget on other material.....

Anyhow, I purchased a reproduction AM/FM radio with Aux input that produces 200W to 4 channels. As for the speakers, they are mounted underneath the dash and with a bracket I have purchased that will allow for me to install two 4" speakers.

So the question is, with just two 4" speakers in the entire car, what is going to produce the loudest and best range of sound?

Thanks in advance!

http://askamira.com/65front.jpg

4s are hard to fit. 3.5s perhaps.

National Parts Depot sells a plate that has two 3.5s in it that mounts in the defroster.

Or you can put one 4x10 there.

sentipede
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
4s are hard to fit. 3.5s perhaps.

National Parts Depot sells a plate that has two 3.5s in it that mounts in the defroster.

Or you can put one 4x10 there.

slim, thats what i thought at first, but I actually ordered the bracket with the two 4" speakers from NPD...I'm looking to replace them with Infinity 8022i speakers...i hope it fits...

if i decide to go with 6.5" kick panel speakers up front would i be better off with the 4x10 in the dash?

thanks againg,
joe