PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Problems

RidgelineNate
05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
So, I can't figure this out, I may just have to see what my warranty is on these.

I just bought and installed a pair of Rainbow CMX 265s. They have been in two weeks and are running off a Sundown 100.2. I was listening at about half volume on my way home the other night and the passenger side decreased in volume quite a bit. The mid isn't playing and the tweeter sounds really distorted and won't get very loud.

Now, I thought maybe I blew the lightbulb, but its fine. I wanted to test where the problem was, so I turned on low volume and hooked my input straight to the tweeter, it sounded fine. Then I hooked it to the mid and it won't play. So I'm guessing something is wrong with the crossover and it screwed up my mid? I have no idea.

Also, either premieraudio of 6spd, what is my warranty on these? I just bought them from premier.

Some questions that might be asked, I set my gains exactly how the tutorial says on this forum. I have them at about crossed over around 75. My driver side is fine. I ran 16gauge speaker wire down both sides. My HU is listed below etc...etc...etc...

headless
05-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Put a DVM on the woofer directly to the terminals and check what resistance you get from them. Also see if the woofer has 'frozen' up or still has easy movement.

djdilliodon
05-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Can you take a pic of the xover by any chance and post it ?

WhoSayWho?
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Also, either premieraudio of (sic) 6spd, what is my warranty on these? I just bought them from premier.

I would send premier a pm since that is who I bought from.

shovelhd
05-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Where did you install the crossover? If it's inside the door and got soaking wet, that would do it. Ridgeline doors aren't very well sealed.

RidgelineNate
05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Good to see you over here shovel :) . I'm wolfeRT on ROC.

The xovers are installed above my kick panels. I have it pulled out right now. I can't take a pic and post it until tonight. It looks fine to me, same as the other one.

djdilliodon
05-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Post the pic even if it looks fine :)

WulfComp
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
If you want, your more than welcome to swing by the shop, and we can take a look. With the weather the way it is in KC, I don't expect to be incredibly busy today, so I could help ya out. If we figure it out together probably won't even charge ya anything. Give me a call if you want. 816-847-6450

RidgelineNate
05-07-2007, 12:43 PM
can't today, but if its not fixed by Thursday, Ill come by. That is my day off.

djdilliodon
05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
If you want, your more than welcome to swing by the shop, and we can take a look. With the weather the way it is in KC, I don't expect to be incredibly busy today, so I could help ya out. If we figure it out together probably won't even charge ya anything. Give me a call if you want. 816-847-6450

Hey whats the name of your shop as i have a customer of mine who may need some glass work done. Let me know!

WulfComp
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Its called Wulf Computers, in Grain Valley (about 25 miles East of Downtown Kansas City) we do computers, car audio, and home theater, depending on what the job is, we can probably help you out.

djdilliodon
05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
ill pass on the info thanks :)

WhoSayWho?
05-07-2007, 04:59 PM
wow, dj and wulf taking care of the members. cool.