PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of KLA Acoustics Speakes?

thatguy
05-06-2007, 10:33 PM
My neighbor gave me these speakers.
I asked google who KLA was nothin!
jst wondering if anyone know any info about this company.
they sure looks good. cant wait to try them to hear how they sound.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/372/speak1tz6.jpg
Specs.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6778/speak2of0.jpg

1loudsuv
05-06-2007, 10:45 PM
heh their free fudge it lol the bottom drivers looks interesting or is a passive radiator (thats how the two radiators in each of my towers look like plus a screw in the middle to add weight for tunning)

Rich B
05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Those are white van speakers.

budahbuddy803
05-06-2007, 10:49 PM
how big is that enclosure? looks pretty tall.

thatguy
05-06-2007, 10:59 PM
dunno ill measure it tommorow.
but that sub is a 10" mid driver its a 8".

ballstothewall
05-06-2007, 11:57 PM
No, that 10" is a passive radiator for the 8".

Max_Power
05-07-2007, 12:03 AM
you see the MSRP of $500/pair... they look solid. I say for free, you could have done a whole lot worse. Many-a-good speakers come out of Canada.

WulfComp
05-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Those are white van speakers.

yeah, they seem like the white van type to me. Had a guy come to the shop wanting to me go to his house to set up his home theater, starts telling me how good of a deal he got on his (dont remember the brand) blah blah blah..... Ended up he really got them from a white van, the one speaker that worked didn't sound horrible, but it was far from anything he could have gotten for the money he spent. Felt bad for the guy, but ****, how could he have bought into a scam so obvious as that??

thatguy
05-07-2007, 07:04 AM
can someone please explain wat a a passive radiator is?

ballstothewall
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Its the equivalent of a ported enclosure.

1loudsuv
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Its the equivalent of a ported enclosure.

and the passivie radiator is the port

and to change tunning you either add weight or take away but most prebuilt enclosures dont come with the option of doing so...

some like the sound of passive radiators better cause of no port noise and other advantages but the pr setups tend to drop off at 18 db an octave or so below tuning and also over the tunning they drop off about the same an octave over tuning so they do drop off faster but tend to have a flatter response in the tunning area over a ported enclosure

but usually you need two times the cone area for the passive radiator as the actual driver.

joetama
05-07-2007, 12:38 PM
They don't look like White Van speakers... They look old... Early 80s old...

thatguy
05-07-2007, 01:24 PM

I hooked these up and :eek: SQ.
Im amazed on how clean they sound.

Rich B
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM

When an MSRP is printed on the label, its a white van speaker.

Thats how that scam works, the salesman points out what a "great bargain" you're getting buying $500 speakers for only $150 by pointing out the retail price on the label, and how he's selling them only because he "doesnt want to have to return them back to the shop from this installing job he just finished".

:rolleyes:

joetama
05-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Thats how that scam works, the salesman points out what a "great bargain" you're getting buying $500 speakers for only $150 by pointing out the retail price on the label, and how he's selling them only because he "doesnt want to have to return them back to the shop from this installing job he just finished".

I know how the scam works asshat... :fyi:

They still don't look like white van speakers. :fyi:

1loudsuv
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM

they dont look like white van speakers they do look old like b&w is saying

BUT you make a good point maybe this is something new their starting to do? to scam some of the guys who like vintage stuff?

Rich B
05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
I know how the scam works asshat... :fyi:

They still don't look like white van speakers. :fyi:

Obviously you dont, otherwise you would know what to look for ********.
:laugh:

joetama
05-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Obviously you dont, otherwise you would know what to look for ********.
:laugh:

I have seen a few older sets of B&W speakers that the dealer stapled a price and spec sheet on the back. (Very similar to that one)

Some people always look for the 'white van' speakers.

If you think about it, as big floorstanders wouldn't the scammers list a higher MSRP than they did if those are supposed 'white van' speakers. And the kid even hooked them up and said they sounded decent. (Not saying he knows what a SQ system sounds like, but most people on here have some idea of what a ****** system sounds like vs something decent.) Everyone knows 'white van' speakers sound like anus. :fyi:

I am so sorry I am the super n--bxcube that I am. I guess I don't know anything. Maybe I should just quit audio. Maybe **** (rich guessing his name is Richard) can put me a setup together with some non-whitevan speakers.

joetama
05-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi... I am the forum n--bxcube... But I would like to send you some links for other people with KLA speakers...

Thanks...

n--bx...

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?p=2675823

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67302
See Post #7

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=9105&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&finish_rel=-10000
See the last post on the page...

White Van my ANUS! :fro:

UndercoverPunk
05-07-2007, 04:41 PM
they dont look like white van speakers they do look old like b&w is saying

BUT you make a good point maybe this is something new their starting to do? to scam some of the guys who like vintage stuff?

Yeah, and this time they're GIVING THEM AWAY... lol.

Seriously Richie, they were FREE and he likes them, who gives a **** what they may or may not be. Judging by how old they look I'm kind shocked they havn't dry rotted.

joetama
05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, and this time they're GIVING THEM AWAY... lol.

Seriously Richie, they were FREE and he likes them, who gives a **** what they may or may not be. Judging by how old they look I'm kind shocked they havn't dry rotted.

They are from the early 80s... ;)

UndercoverPunk
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
They are from the early 80s... ;)

So am I, and I'm falling apart!

joetama
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
So am I, and I'm falling apart!

I feel your pain man....