PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 6900ub vs Kenwood x791

99StangGt
05-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I couldn't get much info on these so I bought both and a 4g flash drive. Comparing the 2 I give the 791 the edge in sq. The 6900 has more EQ but I like the sound of the kenwood better. Searching through songs on both is easy. I like the 791 display better. The kenwood comes with the music editor that works great. Makes playlists and searching is great. It acts like an Ipod with all the search functions. The pioneer is easier to navigate the menus but the kenwood isnt bad once you know where everything is. On both decks I do have a small noise issue. The 6900 has almost a pink noise in between songs thats annoying, Its not bad when driving because of the road noise but sitting still its annoying. The 791 has a small pop noise while switching songs. None of those noises where present with my other decks. I will be keeping the 791 but will take it back to see if I can get rid of that pop noise. Now if Kenwood would put in more Eq and T/A I wouldnt look elsewhere.

Tommy Ceez
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I couldn't get much info on these so I bought both and a 4g flash drive. Comparing the 2 I give the 791 the edge in sq. The 6900 has more EQ but I like the sound of the kenwood better. Searching through songs on both is easy. I like the 791 display better. The kenwood comes with the music editor that works great. Makes playlists and searching is great. It acts like an Ipod with all the search functions. The pioneer is easier to navigate the menus but the kenwood isnt bad once you know where everything is. On both decks I do have a small noise issue. The 6900 has almost a pink noise in between songs thats annoying, Its not bad when driving because of the road noise but sitting still its annoying. The 791 has a small pop noise while switching songs. None of those noises where present with my other decks. I will be keeping the 791 but will take it back to see if I can get rid of that pop noise. Now if Kenwood would put in more Eq and T/A I wouldnt look elsewhere.

I dont think the kenwood can go any higher than a flash drive

Hyperlite
05-07-2007, 11:00 PM
the pio will power most 2.5" external drives up to about 120gb, then requires external power for drives up to its limit of 250gb. that, coupled with its great navigation, was a major selling point for me.

2wheeler
05-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting the comparo. I'm looking at these two and the only thing keeping me from the 791 is the 3 band eq vs the 6900s 7 band.

Any problems with the CD drives? Scratched disc playback problems or skipping?

Tommy Ceez
05-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for posting the comparo. I'm looking at these two and the only thing keeping me from the 791 is the 3 band eq vs the 6900s 7 band.

Any problems with the CD drives? Scratched disc playback problems or skipping?

I have the 6900 with the 250gig Hard Drive capacity.

Whats a CD?