PDA

View Full Version : going to indash?

jeffs42885
05-04-2007, 01:23 AM
I've been thinking about it more and more, and since im really big into going to car shows, I think that having a flipout would be pretty cool.

I've been eying up the pioneer avhp4900dvd. It has a good price and it looks like it has good features for the money.

Heres my question, right now i currently run my EQ flat, my front speakers arent active, and my components are powered by a kicker zx650.4. My headunit is an 880prs. how much of a difference in sound quality am i going to notice if i am running the 880 and my components passivly, since i dont feel like figuring out how the run nw mode on the 880 and stuff.

Abell255
05-04-2007, 02:15 PM
well the 4900DVD has 2v pre-outs, only a simple 3 band-EQ, no time alignment/16 band eq...coming from 5v and all the EQ settings in the 880, i would personally think it'd be a huge downfall. Although, since you say you are running your eq flat right now, which sounds gross to me, you may not notice a huge difference.

mattmcss
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I know this is a little off topic man, but aren't you really strapped for cash in the first place ?

I'm not telling you what to do, but I'd hate to see a friend have to sell all his stuff to pay some bills.