PDA

View Full Version : Just Came back from the race track..

bossman032
05-03-2007, 11:28 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mem20purchas20001gi4.jpg

anyways this is an integra 95 @ 2750lbs with driver. Full weight, minus spare tire and jack. Street tires 185/65/R14S

[email protected]

before anyone says anything about the trap, I forgot to shift to 5th gear (I held it in 4th):suicide: or else I probably would have broke into high 13s..

bbka
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
What motor/tranny? Anything done to it? More specs man.

bossman032
05-04-2007, 12:23 AM
What motor/tranny? Anything done to it? More specs man.

stock k24a2, kpro, header, intake, 3" exhaust, type S 6sp tranny.

thats about it sorry about leaving that out..:eyebrow:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8305/resave01uj6.jpg

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=IMG_0563.c68.JPG

some pictures!

bigbirney420
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Pretty good time, now it just needs some boost

Skip01
05-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Mann thats pretty good driving i dont see any where you could really improve....maybe try shifting earlier and get some drag radials...good luck

bbka
05-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I agree drag radials (or slicks) and boost! Haha I bet you wish you had that motor in a 2,000 pound hatch don't ya. You defintely have a good platform to start building on, ever think about slapping a K20 head on there? You can get about 275whp out of a K24/K20 all motor setup and still keep it on pump gas, here's a good example... http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=3925

I'd just go with the boost though... ;)

Skip01
05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree drag radials (or slicks) and boost! Haha I bet you wish you had that motor in a 2,000 pound hatch don't ya. You defintely have a good platform to start building on, ever think about slapping a K20 head on there? You can get about 275whp out of a K24/K20 all motor setup and still keep it on pump gas, here's a good example... http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=3925

He already has pretty much the same head k24a2 is a TSX...im sure there may be a few hp in there to gain but id rather nitrous it or like you said boost.....either way get some better tires or itll be worthless to add more hp:naughty:

ighettoboyi
05-04-2007, 07:55 PM
i get so jealous of light cars. i couldn't hit an E.T. of 14 flat w/o trapping nearly triple digits...

Eugenics
05-04-2007, 08:30 PM

why would he run drags? that would give him no idea what his car is doing on the street you fucktard.

and torque ftw

anaheim drew
05-04-2007, 08:31 PM
i get so jealous of light cars. i couldn't hit an E.T. of 14 flat w/o trapping nearly triple digits...

What do you drive and weigh?

jdawg
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
nice time, dont you think 3" on a pretty stock 4cyl is a little much though? Losing backpressure?

Eugenics
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
it is

Skip01
05-04-2007, 10:32 PM
why would he run drags? that would give him no idea what his car is doing on the street you fucktard.

and torque ftw

where did it say in his original post that he wanted to see what it does on the street?

It has plenty enough tq for a 2700lb car JR:graduate:

Eugenics
05-04-2007, 10:45 PM
where did it say in his original post that he wanted to see what it does on the street?

It has plenty enough tq for a 2700lb car JR:graduate:

I'm assuming that if all he cared about was track times he would've spared himself time and money and just used a lesser setup and slicks.... or used slicks with his current setup.

And i'm referring to his setup versus the k20a *******

context > you :graduate:

bossman032
05-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Right now, I am running 14" dukies street tires. The tire on that picture that is on the front is on the back. I have a bigger brake setup on the rear and the Donuts didn't fit. I don't want to run slicks or drag rad, because of the fact this is a street car and I have no money to purchase. My goal is mid 13s! With a VTC upgrade this is goal that I can archive. I am sure my times would have been better If I had shifted into 5th.. anyways thanks for the feedback guys!!

bossman032
05-05-2007, 03:52 AM
nice time, dont you think 3" on a pretty stock 4cyl is a little much though? Losing backpressure?

2.4L is pretty big honda motor! I think 3" best suits this motor best! ;)

Prowler573
05-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Pfft.
The motor in my mom's Odyssey is bigger than that!! :laugh:
:hide:

bossman032
05-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Pfft.
The motor in my mom's Odyssey is bigger than that!! :laugh:
:hide:

LOL!! Yes, its bigger its a v6 Ody. I ment a motor for a honda 4 cyl motor is pretty big. Sorry for confusion..

Prowler573
05-05-2007, 04:08 AM
LOL!! Yes, its bigger its a v6 Ody. I ment a motor for a honda 4 cyl motor is pretty big. Sorry for confusion..
I knew that....I was making an attempt at humor which apparently failed terribly.

Though now that I'm talking about it - for a front-drive v6 Mom's van (though I absolutely hate the exterior styling) is actually pretty peppy. :fyi: :)

bossman032
05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
yes, Honda does make very good engines. It might not be the best in power but they are very efficient. my 89 si in my sig has about 306,000 miles! It has been lugging my xxx around for quite some time now..Its really taking a tole on the rear..:wow:

Skip01
05-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm assuming that if all he cared about was track times he would've spared himself time and money and just used a lesser setup and slicks.... or used slicks with his current setup.

And i'm referring to his setup versus the k20a *******

context > you :graduate:

Ohhhhhh......assuming and referring....well than my apologys....didnt say that in ur original post now did ya big guy.

Who said that he only needs drag radials if he only cares about track times......you sir a genius....he posted a track time i mentioned a way he could improve it......heres a new option for Sunday morning for ya :suicide: ....dont forget theres always a way out:)

HAHa...sorry i just reread your other post....seriously who cares what they run on the street...actually how can you judge that....explain how you can compare how your car does on the street.....keep in mind that you can run drag radials as a normal tire...cuz i know ur thinking of slicks

Eugenics
05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Ohhhhhh......assuming and referring....well than my apologys....didnt say that in ur original post now did ya big guy.

Who said that he only needs drag radials if he only cares about track times......you sir a genius....he posted a track time i mentioned a way he could improve it......heres a new option for Sunday morning for ya :suicide: ....dont forget theres always a way out:)

HAHa...sorry i just reread your other post....seriously who cares what they run on the street...actually how can you judge that....explain how you can compare how your car does on the street.....keep in mind that you can run drag radials as a normal tire...cuz i know ur thinking of slicks

Suicide, you're very original.

what do you mean how do they compare? testing reaction time, launch, and speed from a standstill... does that not compare?

the rest of your post is garbage, no real surprise there though.

bbka
05-06-2007, 03:49 AM

and torque ftw

You don't even make sense you idiot lol...

Eugenics
05-06-2007, 03:56 AM

why would he run drag radials in a daily driving setup? that makes no sense to you? or does torque make no sense to you? oh thats right, you still make 30mpg on your car that runs 10's right? aahaha yeah.... remember you.

Skip01
05-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Suicide, you're very original.

what do you mean how do they compare? testing reaction time, launch, and speed from a standstill... does that not compare?

the rest of your post is garbage, no real surprise there though.

Yeh...how can you compare what your car does on the street to how your car performs at the track?

Theres nothing close to being as precise as a tree on the streets.

And to your one to the other guy and as i said in my other post...you can run drag radials on the street....hence the "radial" part.......they are DOT legal and are worth it if you have a car with enough horsepower to break loose in 3rd but as he said he doesnt have money for that soo oh well......no need to be original just get to the point when you talk about somethin you have no clue about and than try to belittle the other guy buy calling names....thats really the only reason i had to say somethin :suicide:

bossman032
05-06-2007, 03:18 PM
you guys are arguing for no reason. :crying:

anyways, I will post another slip once I hit mid 13s with a Vtc MOD! :wow:

Eugenics
05-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeh...how can you compare what your car does on the street to how your car performs at the track?

Theres nothing close to being as precise as a tree on the streets.

And to your one to the other guy and as i said in my other post...you can run drag radials on the street....hence the "radial" part.......they are DOT legal and are worth it if you have a car with enough horsepower to break loose in 3rd but as he said he doesnt have money for that soo oh well......no need to be original just get to the point when you talk about somethin you have no clue about and than try to belittle the other guy buy calling names....thats really the only reason i had to say somethin :suicide:

well yeah, if i knew my car ran 12s and another guys ran 14s i'd never feel safe racing him because god knows what could happen! yeah, track times give you nothing to gauge off of. its not like people are trying to see what their cars potential is at the track. gosh, you really have it figured out man.

everyone knows what a drag radial is. i still wouldn't be sporting them everywhere i went, the cost is reason enough. not to mention WEATHER. it's a dd you tard. and dont tell me they are fine in all types of weather. you've already proven how narrow minded you are.

WhoSayWho?
05-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Is that picture in your avator the best available of you?

jdawg
05-06-2007, 06:15 PM

you dont really judge exhaust by the engine size but as long as its working for ya

Eugenics
05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
i'd go with 2.5 at max

bbka
05-07-2007, 02:30 AM
why would he run drag radials in a daily driving setup? that makes no sense to you? or does torque make no sense to you? oh thats right, you still make 30mpg on your car that runs 10's right? aahaha yeah.... remember you.

I run my drag radials on the street all the time, especially when I am street racing. I don't go to the track enough, so I sold my slicks. Were talking about Hondas man, torque doesn't mean **** on the street. Low end torque on a light FWD car with small tires means wheel spin you moron. Yeah I already proved and showed you a car that runs 10's and still get 30mpg, what's your point? Seriously you don't have a clue what your talking about, so just keep your mouth shut.:rolleyes:

bossman032
05-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Is that picture in your avator the best available of you?

I had a turbo before, so this setup is what I was using before this exhaust setup! I am not going to buy something that I have already! :suicide:

Eugenics
05-07-2007, 03:26 AM
I run my drag radials on the street all the time, especially when I am street racing. I don't go to the track enough, so I sold my slicks. Were talking about Hondas man, torque doesn't mean **** on the street. Low end torque on a light FWD car with small tires means wheel spin you moron. Yeah I already proved and showed you a car that runs 10's and still get 30mpg, what's your point? Seriously you don't have a clue what your talking about, so just keep your mouth shut.:rolleyes:

haha no you didn't. and dont even try to pull that torque doesn't matter ****.

bbka
05-07-2007, 04:18 AM
God your stupid lol. Do I have to prove you wrong again? It won't be hard...

Why are you even posting in this thread? You have nothing useful to say and everything you do say is pretty much wrong.

Eugenics
05-07-2007, 04:25 AM
says the guy that got ran off the forums for lying. riiight.

bbka
05-07-2007, 04:36 AM
I didn't lie about anything lol, I backed everything up with proof, guess your too stupid to understand that? I also didn't get run off, I joined up to get the info I wanted, sorry I don't have time to sit on here all day.

Oh look I just proved you wrong again lol...:laugh:

bigbirney420
05-07-2007, 10:49 AM
i'd go with 2.5 at max

I agree with that 3" too much for that car at that power level. I have Supercharged 3.8 that has 301 WHP and 360 lb ft of torque right now and I only run 2.5 inch exhaust. I do have headers and a 3" Downpipe though

bbka
05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I agree with that 3" too much for that car at that power level. I have Supercharged 3.8 that has 301 WHP and 360 lb ft of torque right now and I only run 2.5 inch exhaust. I do have headers and a 3" Downpipe though

3 inch is perfectly fine, especially if he ever plans to build the motor. He was running a turbo setup before this and already had the 3 inch exhaust, so it would be stupid to go smaller. Oh and please don't agree with Eugenics, he is a complete moron.

Eugenics
05-07-2007, 12:19 PM
3 inch is perfectly fine, especially if he ever plans to build the motor. He was running a turbo setup before this and already had the 3 inch exhaust, so it would be stupid to go smaller. Oh and please don't agree with Eugenics, he is a complete moron.

please tell us more about your civic running 12's on street tires and these 600whp cars making 30mpg +. yeah, i'm full of ****. oh, and how cars dont need torque

WhoSayWho?
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I had a turbo before, so this setup is what I was using before this exhaust setup! I am not going to buy something that I have already! :suicide:

Actually I was talking to bkaa or whatever his name is.

I was just wondering whether all photos of him have his mouth open like that.

Mouth breather?????

bbka
05-07-2007, 12:27 PM
That picture is Farva from Super Troopers lol...

WhoSayWho?
05-07-2007, 12:32 PM
That picture is Farva from Super Troopers lol...

No clue here. I am glad to know it is not you.

bbka
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
It's a good movie, you should go rent it, or just buy it at Wal-Mart for like 7 bucks.

Eugenics
05-07-2007, 12:51 PM
its one of the best comedy's of all time. it chafes me quite a bit that you like it.

bossman032
03-24-2008, 02:15 AM
thought I update this thread:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/bossman032/IMG_3561-1.jpg

I hope to hit mid to high 12s soon with slicks. This runs are on street tires.

Recently weighted the car, about 2650lbs!

here is a video, as you can see I didn't launch the car. Mad wheel spin.

Still managed a 13.7@105. I got kicked of 2nd run car was to loud for a Wednesday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4WcPBXELhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjHnc-LhcIc