PDA

View Full Version : alternative place to connect horn output

Colt9699
04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I have the wiring diagram for my vehicle and i know which wire to hook it too, just cant find the **** wire.

is there another place to connect the horn wire other than in my steering colum?
I even looked for the horn under the hood and cant find it........figured i could dmm it and figure the - line and connect it there.

any help would be great.

Shyne151
04-30-2007, 07:15 PM
What kind of car?

Bloodstalker999
04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I would find the horn under the fount of the car and just connect it at the source, or at least take a good look at it and then try to match it up with one under the steering column.

What are you trying to do, might be of more help if we knew.

Colt9699
05-01-2007, 12:27 AM
1999 Mercury Villager
I am just trying to get the horn to honk when I arm the unit.
All i have now is the light flash.
Its Crimestopper unit

thejoker989
05-01-2007, 04:32 AM
If you can find all the wires coming out of the column, just bust out the meter and test each one. The wire diagram probably has the wrong color listed.

lt blue/black is what you should be looking for

Colt9699
05-01-2007, 08:32 AM
You misunderstand me, Its not that I cant find the right wire, I cant find any of the wires.
This steering coloum is the weirdest one I have ever seen and there is not wire running thru that I can see no rubber grommet or boot that i see either.

mokedaddy
05-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Any way you can post pics? If you cant find any wires, you may have to take the bottom of the steering column off and find the ignition switch and follow the wires from there.

THUNDERBIRD
05-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Any way you can post pics? If you cant find any wires, you may have to take the bottom of the steering column off and find the ignition switch and follow the wires from there.

X2 i was just gonna type that. gotta pull the shroud off and look for them. the wires have to be there exposed otherwise they wouldnt tell you to grab them there. try to post a few pics of it. or you can just get a siren and use that.