PDA

View Full Version : Need comments on this box, BJ especially.

Drag0n_45
04-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Hey all. I'm new to the forums (as you can tell by my post count), and I just bought a 12" type r. I'm a weirdo, so I'm trying to put it in the back of a '98 Saturn SL1. I have 2 10" sony XPlod's now which work, but **** compared to the r. I wanna make this thing thump. I listen to mostly rap and techno (and the occaisional rammstein), so I'm thinking 2 R's would be best, but money is a bit of an issue.

I was going to build my own enclosure, I saw this: http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25cubes32hz3125sqin0zp.png

and I'm wondering how good it is. I have the XPlods on a Rockford Fosgate amp, can't remember the model off the top of my head, but from what I'm told it's a 1200W peak amp. Gonna hook the R up to the same with the coils in parallel, so a 2Ohm load.

I guess I'm just paranoid. I wan't something that will work and work well, and I don't want to break the bank doing it.

I hear BJ makes custom stuff. PM me with a price.

James Bang
04-29-2007, 02:21 AM
that box should work very well w/ a 12" type R.

BJ would be a great choice to go w/ to build it.

Drag0n_45
04-29-2007, 03:00 AM
thanx - now just to figure out a cost

bjfish11
04-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, that box will work great with a single R. I have actually used that plan several times. PM sent on price.