PDA

View Full Version : new cdt upstage?

chucku
04-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Has anybody heard these? On woofersetc they have a set that comes with rear fill speakers as well as the front comps. Looks interesting. Id post a link but Im not smart enough. I am running active so I guess these wouyldnt work for me unlesss I used the crossover. Whats the deal with these? What creats the upstage? TIA for any info.

crfracer290
04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Copy>paste a link.

squeak9798
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm against most of CDT's marketing gimmicks......

robob2
04-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm against most of CDT's marketing gimmicks......

I'm interested in new speakers and have been considering JL XR650 CSi, Rainbow (SLC, CMX, Germanium($$$!)), and the CDT. I'd be interested if it is the sound of the CDT or just a marketing thing that you don't like. From most accounts, they seem like a good value. Have you listened to any of those that I've mentioned?

Thanks

Gary S
04-27-2007, 07:20 PM
While CDT's upstage is not my way of doing it, if placed and installed well it can improve sound stage and imaging. It's no gimmick.

chucku
04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the responses, but no one answered my questions. What is the upstage? How is it produced? Obviously the crossover has something to do with it. Does location of the tweeter matter less with this set? Are these drivers so new so that no one has any experience with them?

Thieroff
04-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Upstage is auxiliary set of tweeters, that are usually 3/4". There is a out on the Satnet480/560's for them. They are attentuated a little bit, and are supposed to provide better imaging/sound stage. They are meant to be placed on the dash I think to raise the sound stage.

CT

chucku
04-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the answer.

Gary S
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
What Thieroff said... they raise the soundstage and can help eliminate rainbow effect... do a search on upstage, there was an article about it referenced in this forum a couple weeks ago.

///M5
05-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Extra tweeters and rear fill are stupid, all they do is ruin your stage and frequency response. They can improve crap installations, but if you spend anytime at all doing it right they will just harm the install. More loss of credibility to CDT in my book for coming out with them. They may sell but it ***** since they don't do anything positive.

djdilliodon
05-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Upstage is auxiliary set of tweeters, that are usually 3/4". There is a out on the Satnet480/560's for them. They are attentuated a little bit, and are supposed to provide better imaging/sound stage. They are meant to be placed on the dash I think to raise the sound stage.

CT

That is an IEK kit. An upstage kit uses modules that wire inline with your existing passive xover and cuts all freq from 8khz and higher from the comp set tweeters and sends the 8khz and up freq to the upstage tweeters. The IEK kits are pretty much pointless and most that add them are guys with braxial sets in bad installs. The upstage kits however are a much better product. In a perfect install of course they are not needed i would have to aggree with all that already said it but most installs that are done are no where near perfect.

zSnb
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm interested in new speakers and have been considering JL XR650 CSi, Rainbow (SLC, CMX, Germanium($$$!)), and the CDT. I'd be interested if it is the sound of the CDT or just a marketing thing that you don't like. From most accounts, they seem like a good value. Have you listened to any of those that I've mentioned?

Thanks

CDT > Rainbow SLC > JL XR > Germanium/CMX

robob2
05-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Thanks for this reposne. Have you listened to the Rainbows? If so, how would you compare the sound to the XR?

WhoSayWho?
05-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Uh, if I am reading that right you are saying that:

CDT > Germanium
SLC > Germanium

One of us is :confused: or you just made a typo I think.

robob2
05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Uh, if I am reading that right you are saying that:

CDT > Germanium
SLC > Germanium

One of us is :confused: or you just made a typo I think.

I think he is saying Germanium are the best then XR then SLC then CDT.