PDA

View Full Version : Need some help completing my system.

fmalucard
04-27-2007, 01:25 PM
so i finally hooked up 2 punch stage 2's and a hifonics bxi606 on my 97 eclipse.

i think the car still has stock speakers, and i am looking at increasing the voice in the car as it already thumps more than enough for me, i would just like to hear the song itself a little bit more.

the subs are dvc wired paralell at 1 ohm.

im looking to spend around 150. anybody have any suggestions as to what would help me out here? thanks alot.

azngotskills
04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Rainbow Dreamline or Phoenix Gold RSD components

WantedIsHere
04-27-2007, 10:15 PM
try my diamond hex's brand new in box in the for sale section... a tad bit above budget but well worth it and the price cant be beat...

konechiwa
04-27-2007, 10:21 PM
pioneer rev 6.5" either component or coaxils. Comps can be found at about 160 on ebay and coax's for about 90 on ebay.

Great sounding speaker.

I hate to plug too, but i have some 6x9 rev's im selling in the classified's as well.

You could also try the rainbow dreamlines, i have the SLC's and when i tested them a while ago they sounded great.

Also the boston sx65 (the 6.5 coax) sound really good to me too. They make good products as well.

DejaWiz
04-27-2007, 11:02 PM
RSd65cs at onlinecarstereo.com

krisfnbz
04-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Crystal SSCS6's I heard they are GREAT and they are my next pair of fronts, as I will be moving the CDT I have to the rear!

MiniVanMan
04-28-2007, 01:28 PM
The right way to do it would be to work on your door. Forget speakers for now. Properly deadened, and sealed doors will do wonders for even stock speakers. Then if you're so inclined after that, then save some money for some decent comps.

I say this because the best comps in the world won't reduce road noise, or resonance within your door panels, which is a huge cause of muffled, and muddied sound.

You could do it backwards, but at some point, you'll be disappointed with the speakers you get because they aren't a huge improvement over stock, and you'll come back here and be told to seal and deaden your doors.

It's the single biggest improvement you can make to your sound system.